92 750 changing pipes back to stock

Bryan3600

I am new to the Vmax sleds, I recently purchased two 92 750s. One sled has bender pipes and the other psi. Modified exhaust are illegal in Maine so I want to replace them with stock. Anyone know where I can find stock exhaust parts ? Also I see there is a silencer listed in the parts breakdown, anyone had any experience with installing them?
It looks fairly easy to do, are there any stumbling blocks from going back to stock exhaust?

You can gain some power by using the stock 800 pipes on the 750. I think it is about 10hp if I remember. If you want a set of 750 pipes and stock silencer, I still have mine sitting here from when I had my Vmax. They haven't been on a sled since 1994. Make me an offer if you want them. Shipping probably won't be cheap though. As far as changing back to stock pipes, you will need to re-jet the carbs, and re-calibrate the clutches and possibly the gearing to get things running at their best.

Congrats on the purchase, if your sleds have QUAD pipes on them I am sure you will have no problem selling them since quad pipes are the hot ticket for max HP for the dollar. Also I agree with Chris on using stock 800 twins, with those you will get the stock look and sound with some added HP as well.

I have a set of stock 800 twins that I may be interested in trading for a set of your quads. Let me know what you would want extra if interested. I would need some info on the two sets of quads as well before committing to trading.

Thanks for the replies, 800 pipes sounds like the way to go. One sled has quad pipes the other are twin PSI.

Roadrunner I replied, it said your box was full.

Does anyone know where I can find the stock jetting info for 92 750? I found the stock clutch and gearing. We will be using the sleds for trail riding. Any recommendations on the carb, clutch and gearing setup considering I am downgrading from the modified exhaust to stock?i hate to do it because both sleds run awesome but don't want to be hassled by the law.

I think the 92 stock jetting was a rich overkill from all other years, might want to check with other owners of 92's to see what the best all around jetting is, I used to have a 92 and it was really rich from the factory.

I'm not sure of 92 but 93 is 135 main, 47.5 pilot, 2 turns out fuel screw,and needle clip in 3rd position. I think the 92 had 140 mains but not positive. Talk to spiradumax. He knows how to jet a 92 with 800 pipes.

For a stock 1992 engine/pipes use the 1993 specs, the 92's were pig rich and Yamaha came out with a Tech bulletin to address it.

Back