93 vmax-4 tors blinks three times and then no power

rustman

So I installed an 800 CDi in my '93, all was working great until I flipped my handwarmers on. Hit the throttle all was good, when I let off the TORS light flashed 3 times and then I had limited power, TORS was not activating I know what that's all about. It took me a few minutes to realize maybe the handwarmers were causing this, when I did I turned them off and sure enough all was good again. Obvious solution: dont turn the handwarmers on! What I'm wondering is if the 3 blinks are some sort of trouble code. Kinda strange and new to me. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

wow, that is odd? I have no idea?

oddley enough, when i went out to lake fenton, i could nail it, and build speed no problem..but as soon as i let off, my tors would also flash, and it was a no go..give it a second, and i could nail it again..i ended up by-passing it for the day and never had another problem..recently, just before our big storm I re-adjusted my throttle cable free play etc..and have`nt had a problem since..oddley enough, my TORS light was`nt staying on when this happen..but just flasjing, then going off...

AL

Back