A few Questions for my 93 Vmax4

Gunny.Nate

Hi, I've had a 93 750 Vmax4 for a couple years and drive in on my property. I'd like to get new rear shocks for the back (both of them), preferably rebuild-able. Do you have a source and part numbers? Also this is bone stock minus the windshield. What else is do I need to look for besides the oils and carbides to make it trail worth again? Also I can't find the link to the manual.

Thanks in advance!
Nator

Opsled, if you're reading this, you inbox is full and can't receive messages. I tried to send you a PM first.

It still say opsled has no room for a message. Could you help me with some new shock part numbers for the rear skid?

thanks
Nator

Thanks Shark.

I also should note that I found the part numbers for the original shocks and $300+ for a shock seams high. I would like to avoid spending that much on one shock. I have read a few post here and the weren't much help to me. So that is why I'm asking for part numbers for what some of you have done for rear shocks.

Thanks
Nator

Nate. I also have been looking for a replacements on rear skid. That said, the only option for something to find OEM is used off say the 500 and 600 vmax sleds from what I understand and even then a 25 + year old shock that is not rebuildable cant be in good operating order... Also I found a guy that with very little work fit a fox float (air) shock on the rear. Said it was from a early model cat model sled. I seen a pick of it installed and looks to be a good choice as the option to set air pressure to act as any spring rate needed. Looking to go this rout if I can get more details and find a part # or some help on which fox float to look for? The other thought was to get ahold of a good shock company that has good knowledge of older sleds and what might work as a option. Coil over shocks are not plentiful in lots of lengths or options.

Last edited:
I finally got my sled out!! and I think that I'm probably will just buy the $300 shock, or there is a gun close to me that might be able to build me a rebuild-able shock. I want to keep it original. I don't know that I'll worry about the front one. I'm going to take the skid out this spring and go thru it all. I thought about putting a mono shock skid from an Apex, but I keep going from stock to original. I'm not a fan of air. I don't like that you have to keep checking the pressure.

Nate

Back