Hastings Michigan Grass drags and index Challenge.

mistermax

Ok boys Next weekend is the premier Grass race of the year. Hastings Michigan . That I central to alot of us. They are running all the normal classes with money up to 2500 in each of the bigger classes. But what is cooler for most of us is they are Also running 5 index classes from 5.2 to 7.0 seconds(500 ft) all our vmaxs should fit nicely it the upper classes. The winner of the biggest index class wins new Miller Mig welder. Nice! Bubba/ Ted / Al/Allseasonrider / old iron mike. And everyone else come show up! FREE test and turn all Friday!!!!!!!

Dad,me and my cousin will be getting there Friday. They will be staying all weekend, but I have to work Friday night. Would love to run but they are going to watch races and sell sleds! I dont have anything set up for grass im trying to keep my stuff all on the ice. Hey look forward to seeing you there! Good luck with yours. We will have 2 cats and 2 vmax4s for sale up there try and look us up if you get a chance!

Kirk very cool of you for putting some skin in the game for the racers, let us know how the race go z
G

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast! I may come out and do the swap meet with some sleds/parts and will look you guys up if I can make it.
Thanks Kirk for the heads up.

Dad and Toby are there selling 2 big bore cats and a vmax4. I might be there tomorrow to watch some racing. Hope I can look you up! Are you running anything?

My son and I had a great time at the races/swap meet!

Sold a few parts and had a chance to catch up with Amzoil72 (Bret) and a future VMAX4.com member (Steve). Also was parked right next to bubbaj92's dad for the swap..

Kirk (AKA Captain Kirk) thanks so much for bringing the skid for my '93 project...and yes the green is gone! Thanks again for treating me so fairly with it as well.

Also, Kirk did very well in the index races and was in the final in two classes (won 1!). Congrats again on a great day and thanks so much for volunteering to help at the races. I hope next year they have a more organized program...but that's up to Jimmy McHugh as it's his event.

This event got me fired up and now I look forward to the A-1 swap meet the end of the month in New Lothrop, MI.

Here's a few pics from the show....turnout was pretty good and we could watch the races directly from our truck!
Also, there was a pretty cool snow sprint that looked like a blast to run on a circle track...where to I sign up??

Attachments

• Hastings Heath Pic.jpg
    Hastings Heath Pic.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Swap pic east.jpg
    Swap pic east.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Swap pic race view.jpg
    Swap pic race view.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Snow Sprint racer front.jpg
    Snow Sprint racer front.jpg