Max effort 750 for Bonnevile

In the process of working on a Bonneville project that will be powered by full on max effort turboed 750. My question is the crank and rod strength of these motors. How much can they handle? I'd send them off to get cryo'd and hope for the best or do I need to find some better parts? Anyone make better rods? Thanks for the input! Brad

Quadzillaracer runs a compound turbo motor based off a 750, that turns out something like 600hp. Definitely not all stock internals.

I saw his stuff! Bitchin' ride! Wasn't sure if someone made billet rods for these or if I'm on my own. Same with the crank.

You guys could try contacting Crower Racing for Titanium rods. They make them for automobile engines and could probably do a snowmobile version, since they make customs. Their stuff is very good, but be prepared to spend a lot of $$$$. www.crower.com

Why titanium rod would not be good? In another discution you said your engine running 12000rpm. At this RPM the piston speed of 23.84 m / sec. In another application with a Mach Z engine our engine had a piston speed of 23,666 m / sec and lasting engine life was very short. Always breaking the rods.
What you recommend for these speeds?

I wouldn't even bother with titanium rods and there's not enough meat to make an aluminum rod work. There's so many areas you could smooth out on a sled (bearings are a HUGE deal!) that spending huge money there wouldn't be in your best interest. I've seen stuff that Sudco makes and Carrillo is always first rate. I figured some of the sled guys were on kill, but I guess I'll just go with what I know.

Back