Most horsepower out of a 750 (no bigger)

Anybody out there gone on absolute full kill and dynoed a 750? I'm curious how far someone has pushed one of these (quad pipes, minimum of 38mm carbs, porting, etc) . I'm curious if anyone has got at LEAST 200hp out of one (has to be a 750)!

I watched a sleeved down 700 run 180ish on Olaf Aaen's dyno during some shake down runs. They were not dynoing for #'s but were looking for clutchable HP while feeling the engine out for it's setup and possible improvements. Not a full out beat down by any means and the consensus was that there was more to be had. They also ran an 800 at close to 230 that same day with the same intent going in. So,, 200 out of a 750?? I'd say yes it can be done. opsled

Thanks 'Sled, you made my day! I need to explain myself a bit on here. I'm in the process of building a streamliner for both El Mirage and Bonneville. At the moment my initial goal is the J class (750cc max) in both naturally aspirated and blown. The more research I did on stuffing a 2 stroke, the more I realized it wouldn't work like I wanted. So now I'm playing with 2 engine combos. As far as naturally aspirated cmon, what's gonna keep up with a 2 stroke?! Lol I've taken the basic layout of the motor and flipped it around 180 degrees. The jackshaft is now history (too many extra bearings to turn AND extra gear drag), I'm playing with different crank ends for strength and putting an adapter hub (to go to the transmission) on the ignition side and moving it to the other side. Will be an MSD crank trigger so I can rev it to the moon. The motor will be run through a motorcycle transmission to keep the drag down to a minimum. The pipes will run straight out the back now and have no sharp bends. It has to last for 5 mile blasts and still make its backup runs. I know it's not a snowmobile, but I still love the 2 stroke stuff! I'll gladly take any pointers for squeezing out every little bit I can out of this thing!

Last edited:

Back