Tested Vmax Yesterday And Also Have ?

vollender

Well I finally got to run my vmax yesterday. This was the first time in 4 years that it was not raining on test and tune day, thank God because it did not go so well.

It turns out my belt was bad and is slipping real bad. The sled did not run well at all. The only good thing to come out if it was every on came over to check it out they all said they hade never heaed a sled sound like that.

I have a question on the belt. What do you recomend for a belt, stock yamaha or I had a factory polaris guy look at my sled and he said run a gates belt.

Thanks Ray

The Yamaha 8BU drive belt for the Vmax-4 is a superior belt and is well worth the money they recieve compared to the alternatives. Yes, the Gates "Extreme" belts are a great second alternative to the 8BU. The Gates has a harder compound for the Vmax-4's which can completely change your clutching setup with just a simple belt change. The harder compound can require more flyweight and or a helix swap to get a good squeeze on the belt...Keep the 8BU belt, you can't go wrong! Also keep in mind after much testing, a new Yamaha 8BU belt will loose .010 -.015" width in the first 1/4 mile hard acceleration run, so this will require a change with shims on the primary after a run. Yamaha 8BU belts are all we use on our 600 h.p. Turbo Vmax-4.

Take care, Justin

This Polaris guy is just a friend, I work on his boat and he was at the track with someone else. He has never asphalt race. Next time I wont mention the polaris guy lol. You do tend to listen through when you are the only sled that runs and have no one to ask questions.

Thanks Ray

RAY, LISTEN TO THE INFO YOU GET HERE, NOT FROM THE POLARIS GUY. UNLESS LIKE THESE GUYS SAY HIS LAST NAME IS BENDER. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back