Fuel pump question

maximus

Hi guys,

Replacing oil, fuel, and pulse lines on the 92 vmax. When pulled oil feed line off right and left fuel pumps, fuel poured out of the oil feed line port at both pumps. Is this normal or is there a check valve not working in the pump? Can these fuel pumps be taken apart and cleaned? Thanks

Yes fuel coming out of the oil line ports is normal. I always found that I had fuel backing up a bit in the oil lines on my 750's. There was never a check valve on any of mine. I think a check valve could potentially cause some other issues.

I've never taken the fuel pumps apart, is there a reason that yours need to be cleaned? Have you replaced the in-tank fuel filter?

Last edited:
GOT IT FIGURED OUT. THIS IS NORMAL. REMOVED FUEL PUMPS. INSPECTED AND FOUND OIL AND FUEL MIX IN PUMPS. SHINED A LIGHT IN OIL IN PORT AND GAS OUT PORT AT FUEL PUMP. WHEN SHINED LIGHT IN ONE PORT, COULD SEE LIGHT IN OTHER PORT. FOUND BOTH PORTS CONNECT TO EACH OTHER WITH OUT A CHECK BALL. THOUGHT FOR MAINTENCE, THE FUEL PUMPS COULD BE CLEAN. CHECKED IN TANK FILTER LOOKS GOOD. REPLACED ALL OIL AND GAS LINES, CLEANED CARBS. THE 92 VMAX NOW RUNS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Back