1993 Vmax4 750 tear down amd rebuild

Naskram

1993 Vmax4 750 tear down and rebuild

Im pulling the mill to have the cranks welded, i will post stage pics, let me know if there is anything particlar or stage you want a picture of.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Thanks,
lts getting 8 tooth extravert drivers, 2" lug track, wildwood brake upgrade and handlebar lift, hopefully before the season starts.

lm hopeing i wont have to change the skid location,

Removal

The removal was straight forward, it took approx 2.5hrs nice and slow field strip.

lt can be done by one person but 2 would be easier.

My manual told me to disconnect the oil lines from the oil pump, my oil lines are crimped on wth metal clips. l unscrewed the pump itself.

Note there is an o ring in the oil pump, as you can see in the 1st pic mine came out in 2 peices.

Where the rear mounts fit i scribed around them before removing the engine (2nd pic), this will hopefully help me get the motor back near the right place and make final setup a bit easier

l did not remove the primary or secondary clutch. Though you dont have to remove the primary to remove the engine, you will have to take it off to strip down the engine. lf leaving the secondary in place, use caution as you ease the magneto cable past the brace.

lm also going to replace all fuel and oil lines

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128
To strip down to 'half motor' took 2.5 hrs and about the same time again to clean, inspect parts and remove old gasket. l have yet to inspect the ring sizes and strip 3 of the reed blocks.

l found some corrosion on some of the cylinder studs (see pics) so i took off all the nuts and sprayed in some WD40 and left it for a bit. that way when you take of the heads and barrels theres none of that whitish powderey residue.

Sled has 3000km and is very clean inside, diet consists of 94 oct,amsoil with a helping of dial a jet.

lm leaving the water/fuel and oil pumps alone.

lm stuck for a few days untill i get a puller or 18mm fine thread bolt.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I would suggest that you change the bearings and seals behind the gears that are going to be welded as you won't be able to once they are welded

Back