1994 vmax4 750 secondary clutch problems

Got_Me_A_4

I'm having issues with the secondary blowing apart ..... rebuild kits are no longer available, and individual parts sold on E-bay to rebuild it will cost a lot with shipping and brokerage charges on each piece as I'm in Canada.

From what I understand it has a unique shaft size in 94....I'll order the parts if that is my only option but does anyone else have a better solution....from what I have read these were not the best clutches ever made and I'd rather set it up to run better if possible at the same time.

Might I add..... Majority of my riding is trail

Any advise would be appreciated....

What you mean by blowing apart?? Something isn't right. Your not winding it correct or your circlip, is bent and needs replacement. The best setup is to do the swap off an 800 someone is parting. Need to change Jacks haft and chaincase.

Secondary Problems

I took it into a snowmobile guy we have up here because I know little to nothing about clutches and how they work...... He put it back together and said the bushings were warn out pretty bad but would try to get the season out of it....went 10 feet and the belt was just hanging there again.
He ordered a rebuild kit, new circlip , bolts and a few other washers and shoes.......

Couldn't get the rebuild kit or individual bushings for the clutch from Yamaha so we put it back together with the new clip and got 20 feet and it let go again....

Ebay has all the parts listed but ordering each part individually and paying shipping and brokerage fees to cross the border will add up to more then enough to rebuild a clutch....

I read through a lot of posts looking for alternative options ..... lot's of idea's out there but couldn't decide what would be the best overall path to follow.....

Some say to reduce the shaft size on the laythe use a milled key and put on a polaris clutch..... with no specifics to follow
Some say use the 800 and swap the chaincase
Some said the 600 secondary will work

I say I have no idea what to do.......

As for your secondary that you have .... any idea what you need out of it and what shipping would be up here to Canada ?
Even better just the bushings and washers as it would reduce the weight and size significantly for shipping and get me back up and running with all the parts coming from one place.....

Let me know your thoughts.......

Thanks

My thoughts are that your secondary is not getting put together correctly. My friends and I have about 15 vmax4 here in wis. And never have I encountered what your talking about. I would like to see pics of these worn out parts your talking about. A lot of people do not wind these correctly or make sure the circling is seated properly.

Thanks for getting back to me.....

The sled is still at the repair shop, but I should be getting it back next week.....He wanted to keep it and see if a guy that he knows who used to work at the Yamaha Dealership stopped over and had any suggestions.

Once I get it back I will post some photo's ..... It would be helpful to have you guys for a sounding board as which way to go...

Once you get a chance to see whats going on we can go from there......

Thanks Again....

No problem. I have had these secondary 's apart a hundred times or more if I don't check this thread you can always try text 715 790 4148

Back