3000 rev limiter?

casler.inc

The oil light will flash and keep flashing when sled hits 3000rpm's, the rev limiter will also kick in at the same time and sled will not go over 3000. T.O.R.S. light is not on when the rev limiter kicks in but lights up and turns off like normal when first started. I have tried over riding the oil level sensor with a paper clip to complete the circuit; this did not make any difference.

Sounds like tors is activating,try unpluging then pluging cdi side back together to test see if it stops,let us know,more can be done then.

I bypassed the tors sensor by connecting the black wire with the yellow stripe to the black wire at the CDI junction and problem still continues tors system should be completely overridden.

Check your wire harness by hood hinge. I had mine get pinched in the hinge and it lit up the temp light at first, then after opening the hood a couple times it lit up the oil light. The wires were grounding out when the hinge closed on them. The hinge is like scissors.

if any of you are going to be in traverse city i would buy you a round of beer. it was not cut by the hood but melted by my exaust fixed and running fast thank you all for the advice!!!!

if any of you are going to be in traverse city i would buy you a round of beer. it was not cut by the hood but melted by my exaust fixed and running fast thank you all for the advice!!!!

A bare wire or 2 can really make things go crazy. It sounded similar to mine when the wires got pinched. I would start it and the Temp light came on. It would go off when I opened the hood! After checking the temp sensor, etc. and starting it a couple times, opening and closing the hood a few times, then the temp sensor light went out and the Oil level light came on. Then I check the wire harness and found my issue.

Back