$500 vmax 4 with trailer

440turner

So after eyeballing a relatives open trailer with a tarped over sled.....I ask "Is that snowmobile and trailer for sale" he replies it is $500 for the sled and trailer! Months earlier I noticed that the snow flap said "Yamaha", I say it isn't a vmax4 is it and he says it sure is. Trying to hold my excitement in and not bombard him with questions, I tell him I'll be bye to check it out. Arrive to find the seat removed along with the dual pipes, and the air boxes....although they are in the shed next to the sled and the seat has no rips, but a home staple fix that failed. After a compression check it's 125 across the board except next to the recoil that cylinder has 50lbs. What year machine is this, the serial number is 89A-002296 the cylinder heads are black and the sled has lots of pink on it, it shows 1118 miles and looks very nice!

What is this machine worth, how much to fix engine........wouldn't a blown head gasket kill my compression. ....3 pulls with throttle open comppression rose to 50lbs.......if it had a hole in the piston it wouldn't have that much would it? What should I do, buy it and part out or what? The factory skis look new

Forgot to add, the belly pan was full of walnuts and wiring has been chewed on in several locations.........what's it worth?

Forgot to add, the belly pan was full of walnuts and wiring has been chewed on in several locations.........what's it worth?

Thats a 92', I'm sure someone here could sell you and original used cylinder and piston for cheap, clean the carbs and take it for a ride

Back