93 pistons

nuts&bolts

I am putting together a 92. Custom painted metalic black and silver. Had a custom Honda trophy winner help me.

Before I put the engine back in, I was thinking of doing some engine mods. Of course! Has to be good looking and fast!

93 pistons have windowed skirts, if I am correct. If so, are they worth while putting in a 92 engine.

Thinking about Boyessen reeds. I am sure they are worth the investment, but it is always nice to hear it first.

WELCOME!
Ken has a great article in the tech section on a cylinder lift. This, along with the windowed pistons will bring you up to 93 Hp range. You don't have to buy new pistons if yours are good. You can window them yourself.
Good luck!
Peter

Is there a spec for window hole. Not wanting to purchase a new piston just to use as a guide. Centerline measurement from very bottom of piston skirt sitting on a flat surface or from bottom of cuttaway in skirt. Read article and ken said not use centerline as he did??? Lost me!

A 21/64 drill bit will window your piston about the same as 93 spec. From the top of the cut-out in your piston skirt, the center of this hole would be about 15.25mm or .6 of an inch. Ken windowed his 1/2 inch, which can be done by drilling the original window out larger. But he recommended keeping the bottom of the hole the same distance from the bottom of the skirt, which means not using the same centerline. Hope this makes sense.
Peter

Back