93 VMAX-4 TSS Suspension Aluminum Can Question

93VMAX750

I recently purchase my 93 from a relative that purchased it new back in 93. Sled has been kept in the garage and never sat outside lower mileage then most. Overall I feel it's in great shape, expect the rightside TSS suspension aluminum CAN housing has been dented from a slight run in with a tree. Can someone tell me if this causes any internal problems? Would it need replaced or can I inspect the inner's to determine if ok. Please let me know either by a PM or reply on forum. Thanks

If the dent is not to bad your good to go, post a pic if you can, a lot of the sleds running have dented canz

If you push on the top of it and it moves up and down freely your good to go

Look in the air box to see if the white tabs are removed this can cause voodoo to your motor if they break off.

Last edited:
Instead of clicking on post quick reply click on go advanced then scroll down, you will see manage attachments click on that browser comes up click on that then you can download pictures from your computer or photo bucket

It states that I may not Post Attachments..?? So how do I get that resolved? I did notice the white broken round inserts when cleaning the carbs. Thought that was very strange to have such brittle material in such a critcial area. I'll be sure to remove them, I did notice some pieces were missing. Hopefully not in the intake.. It seems to run fine and doesn't have any weird sounds.

Look into the reed cages. The white tabs may be in there. Use a mirror if you have to. Break off
The rest of the tabs, you don't need them.

I will talk to Carl and get the Attachments worked out for you
Look in you reed cage to see if any of the tabs are it there better to be safe than sorry

I took a quick look and not sure why he can't post a picture but will take a closer look tomorrow.

Don't some of the forum softwares restrict you from posting attachments until you have a certain number of posts?

Thanks for allowing attachments, here's couple pictures I have taken. Feel free to comment..

Attachments

• IMG_20140112_210948_900.jpg
    IMG_20140112_210948_900.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20140112_211002_587.jpg
    IMG_20140112_211002_587.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20140112_211009_279.jpg
    IMG_20140112_211009_279.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
wont hurt to by a better used one... if its not sqeeking when the suspenion goes up and down you could run it for a while.. but it looks bad...lol

Awesome, Thanks for the quick reply. I'll wait until after the season to send in and have repaired. Unless I find a nicely used piece by then.

Thanks for the tip.. This evening I took my air box off and removed the natural ABS cone inserts. To my surprise all four were all intact and not broken. Good Deal!!! Sled has 2,200 miles and been rode nicely besides the tree incident. Thanks for all the help again looking forward to staying in touch.

Back