broke piston

mrmax

Just broke a piston. Is it gonna be ok to just change the one or am I askin for trouble and just swap out all of em? 92 vmax4

Replace them all including the wrist pins and bearings - I would use the 93/94 pistons myself.

Welcome to the the club. I think we are ALL in that boat!! ... PIST N BROKE!!! OOOPS, re-read your post and got it backwords, DAM this dyslexia, AND dam the VMAX4,S lol...Rob.

Just too expand a little on what Rules said. The reason he suggests 93/94 pistons is because they have a port in the skirt which has performance benefits.

You can replace just one piston if you have too, its not the best solution, however if money is a issue i would replace the one piston and put new rings on the other 3, if the base gaskets come out in one piece i re use them, same with the head gaskets. l spray them with copper permatex first

This is all fine and dandy, but do you know why it went bang in the first place? lf thats not dealt with it will just go bang again anyways.

I had to tear it down cuz the crank spun and needs to be rephased. Broke it in the process. Damn luck

Back