For the vintage guys 540 Vmax

Kaw550

Picked up a 1987 540, the outside of the sled looks terrible, but the engine and pipes are in excellent shape, sat in a barn for years, engine feels great no corrosion, I'm going to leak it down tomorrow and pull it out, Motor, pipes, ignition,

Cool!!, I have an 87 chassis in the barn (rough but there are good parts) and all other US years of 540's too. If ya need anything give a shout. 87 and up were said to have the best ignition of the bunch?
opsled

Oh I'm not fixing it, I'm going to pull the engine and scrap it, you want the leftovers come get it

Hey guys yes Im Im here.
I would be interested in the engine, with carbs and electronics. Dont need any exhaust. Clutch optional. If you want to pack it up nicely in a rubbermaid tote and ship it to me, let me know what that would cost me. Zip, is 54968.
This may also depend on how much damage is done black friday shopping...
PS, thanks Phil.

Hey Phil, I don't know these sleds that well, just well enough to know what they look like, I checked the model, it's a 86', didn't realize they made two years that looked the same. It's an 81K. So it will be stripped today if theres anything you need off of it.

Back