Handling?

Detego

A friend of mine used to have a 95 vmax 500. He claims it handles like a bear and is concerned my new 750 is the same. how does this thing handle? Just picked one up and am stoaked to ride it, but... i just gotta know.... do i need to start doing pushups again? :D

......................for what its worth, i used to have a 96 Vmax 600, that was harder to throw around than my 1993 750, both 136" tracks.

l dont know whether it was toe, skid, skis or what, never figured out why.

A friend of mine used to have a 95 vmax 500. He claims it handles like a bear and is concerned my new 750 is the same. how does this thing handle? Just picked one up and am stoaked to ride it, but... i just gotta know.... do i need to start doing pushups again? :D

Better start doing pull ups and bench press too! Don't forget dead lift because that's what you'll be if you get it stuck. !!

I found it easiest (for me anyway) to ride mine flat track style if you are looking for speed thru the twisties

It's been many years and i still remember big bumps i.e comming into a foot deep or more trails... avoid them, unless you have converted to a long travel suspension, that helps alot! Not a cure all, but a big help, use body english when comming into corners hot i.e leaning body to inside down low! , still leaned over whack the flipper all 4 carbs opened up, track hooking up exit corner ski's dangling, that motor is sensational! out to next corner!! there's nothing like it !!
I can see it ,hear it, and feel it , as i write.. Where's the snow!!! Im ready to go. LOL
I can say The Vmax-4 corners better! than my buddy's 03-04 ski-doo 600 rev, his is more tippy (( the max 4 seems more planted and stable)) in the corners, even while dragging my but on snow leaned over through corner to keep from high siding, corner to corner the vmax 4 is still very competitive.

So basically your saying it handles quite like a knucklehead:D
...not sure about that but you will get a workout! On a day ride 135 miles of twisties on tight trails wore me out pretty good some years back. Vmax4's are awesome for old rail grades or on the lake...nothing better...IMO

well i got no lakes here... fields and trails :D riding with a 2003 polaris pro x 700 and a 2004 polaris pro x liberty 600.. last season i had a 89 polaris indy trail deluxe with a bald track. Picked up a 86 ski doo mx 470 from the gf's dad for free. thats my back up sled, but the damn handlebars are too close for my.. beefy(fat) frame... so i got what i always wanted.. a vmax

Take just enough pain pills to staff off the ouchyness of the bumps, but not impair your riding and GIVE ER HELL! LOL

I dont mess with pills of any kind. I believe in a natural.... more... smokeable cure all ;)

You'll know you're behind detego on the trails. He will be the one going 17 mph while munching on a Whopper.

Last edited:
You'll know you're behind detego on the trails. He will be the one going 17 mph while munching on a Whopper.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:I'm dying here......haaaa Seriously though, Detego put your handlebars as far forward as possible to clear the Man-Child thighs:)...my son has the same issue...can you say..BIG BOY!

not that big now...used to be in the army. and FYI ted....i work at arbys. I dont do that garbage processed meat crap soaked in amonia. ...................................

..... n thats why i have liquified doretos and salsa n cheese in a camelback! bwahahahahahahhahahahahahaaaaaa

Back