k&n filter ?

cat eater

I'm looking for the part numbers fore the k&n carb filters and the crank case filter .I have a local supplyer i would like to get them from. thanks Rick

I think I got em wrote down, I'll check when I get home today.

One thing I would warn you about is using the small filter instead of building an evac setup. I can send you a picture of the evac setup if you need, you can build them for $10 or so, it basically is tubing to vent the crankcase to the ends of the filters.

The problem with the little filters is on long high rpm runs, like top end racing like you do, they like to spray oil film around the left side of the sled, not good on clutches.

The EVAC reroutes the vent to the airfilters which does two things. It stops oil from spraying all over and it also pulls pressure out of the crankcase which helps the rings seal, you'll use less oil running an EVAC and its proven on a dyno to make 2 extra hp almost all the way across the board as compared to the little filter.

I took the little K&N off of mine and use it for an airfilter on my little nitro rc truck now, lol.

thanks

thanks master of faster.just thinkin until i assemble the rest of the turbo kit this would shed a few pounds off the sled and get some more hp.I have a gp1 exuast coming to give her some sound it damn sure wont sound like the quad pipes but its a start. I was reading some of the post on totally yamaha and was reading alot about the kit and it working best with there clutch set up any thoughts on that.

RU-4720 is the number for the Raptor style air filters. These work just as well they are just shaped different than the ECP filters. They are longer than the ECP style and are more cone shaped instead of just being flat/square.

I've run both styles and they work identically IMO, people will claim ones better than the other but you know how that goes.

Run the filters, Holtzman silver or red springs in the carbs, 165 mains, raise the needles 1 clip, this is the setup I'm using.

:3star-war

Here's a picture of the ECP style filters with the EVAC setup. Pretty simple.

RX-1009.jpg

last

If i recall from last spring,i changed my raptors air filter .it did not seal directly onto the carbs it sat in grooves in the air box how are they sealing to the carbs? is there flanges with there kit.and the evac kit looks fairly easy to build. thanks again.

These are not the direct replacement Raptor filters, they are designed to fit right on the carbs to eliminate the airbox on a Raptor, so they fit right on the RX carbs beautifully.

thanks

I found them in the K&N book called and got the price.I will track down the springs i seen them in one of the books .did you also use there plugs.thanks for the help its alot easer for me to talk the wife into parts a little at a time.she fuiken freaks out every time i need some thing that involves my sled going faster .It has to do with me hitting a boat house after crossing a open water lake at around 100mph or more .needless to say there is no more boat house.and buy the way it was 1 am and snowing like hell when i hit it.thanks again

lol, I understand completely.

I used the special CR10EK plugs for about 1000 miles and they were fine but after that I started loosing R's, changed back to the stock CR9E and get 2000+ miles on them before they need changing, I know the CR10EK are worth about 2hp but they don't seem to last as long for me and at $8-10 a piece I didn't feel they were worth it. Other have told me they run them for thousands of miles without a problem, just my findings.

Back