oh my back

vmax4ken

well after a good winter of riding decided im going to keep my old girl..she is 1994 .....but i need a suspenion...has any one ever put a polaris suspenion in ...any help would be good..thanks:help:

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Clean sled Ken! If you decide to go with something other than the polaris suspension, Wildmax's proaction install works well. And the proactions are becoming more readilly available for reasonable $$. Good luck!!

i did an IQ skid in mine.i`ll post pics and measurements if i ever figure out how to post pics.

Suspension

I put an x10 suspension in mine this year and have been very pleased with it. Had an xt suspension out of a 96 xt 600 and wore it out the shock to replace was over 350 with tax. Bought the x10 for the same price and the ride is excellent. The install was very very easy and simple.

My 92 has a Polaris Xtra12 skid.

Its certainly better than the OE Yamaha setup, but its not all that either. Its going to take some work to get it right for my weight. Since I have to buy a new track, Im thinking I might switch to a 144 Polaris skid. Im not sure about what effect the long track will have on my riding though.

My 92 has a Polaris Xtra12 skid.

Its certainly better than the OE Yamaha setup, but its not all that either. Its going to take some work to get it right for my weight. Since I have to buy a new track, Im thinking I might switch to a 144 Polaris skid. Im not sure about what effect the long track will have on my riding though.

i wanted to put a 144 under mine to, how hards its gonna be?

i wanted to put a 144 under mine to, how hards its gonna be?

Not bad if you have access to a whole aerospace manufacturing facturing facility to machine and fabricate all your parts. :frech11:

I just did a 95 with a M-10 to 144. Found most of the info I needed right here in the mountain sled section. A couple of pointers. Definitley go with anit rachet drives like Wahl brothers make or have heard of some using Ski-Doo's anit rachet drives. I will need to do this to mine as it slips everyonce in a while even when track is tight. If making your own extensions make sure to math it out so you don't end up to long or short. If you need to have parts made I know a shop that could machine most whatever you need. They have done some snowmobile machined aluminum boogys and dirtbike parts for either KTM or Husqevarna. There main bag is aerospace parts. Not my shop but a friend of mine.

I thought since I already have the Xtra 12 skid, the 144 will be a bolt in using the same fabricated stuff I already have..???

edit, I suspect the anti ratchet drives would be a nice improvement as mentioned, especially if we want to turn that much track. Does somebody make sprocket drives for our Yamahas?

Last edited:
found a 2000 artic cat suspention bought the conplete skid for $180...summer time project....just wondering if i can run a 1 inch track with this set up....

Back