Srv 540 build

SRV540

Banned
Well decided to get the SRV back in shape from years of hard use.. I am replacing the handlebars with switches and a new windsheild, RX1 skis, cut and reweld front end to 42", AD boivin ARC/ARM suspension (different one from the 1 I have for V4) twin AAEN pipes with 40mm HV Lectron carb and some new hood vents to boot, will post pictures as I go along, I just have the pipes installed temp just to see how they sounded....well sound lean to me as I have stock jetting, wont be ridding this season anyhow....these pipes make 8hp on topend with mild porting add another 8hp, they will be repacked and a second hole cut in bellypan and some exhaust wrap as these are close to the hood and right by the main vent, see pics and video.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=47vb0gp

cimg1061yp4.jpg

cimg0934zb5.jpg

cimg0943lp9.jpg

821e_1.JPG

Last edited:

SO youre the one bidding on that suspension on ebay, i knew i recognized that pic from somewhere, good luck, thinking of bidding on it also, LOL,first ill see where its at tomorrow.

I like those Aaen twin pipes you have there. I wonder how a set of 38 TMX mikuni carbs would make it run if you could fab up some kind of intake manifolds. :rockon:

yeah I am kinda wishing I never sold my RPC dual intake kit for the SRV, AAen only suggested rejetting the stock single, I would like to try a 40mm lectron as they flow just like a 42 mikuni, but you wont loose as much bottom end as going with a larger mikuni. I was almost thinking of trying some DT200 intakes as they are angled to miss the steering post......or was even thinking of taking out the steering post and having it cut and rewelded so it has a bend in it to miss the carbs then just run phazer intakes and boost bottle?

Last edited:

Back