two connectors under headlight

brian102

what are two connectors that come off of the headlight they are capped off i believe the wires are brown and black. also i wanted to hook up my g tech to my sled, is this possible to have a spot where there is 12v constant so i can splice my 12v outlet in and run that? would be alot easier on my rx1 i know haha

I beleive you can't get 12vdc unless you put in a bridge rectifier, all the power is ac on the sled. I think you need dc power for the G-tech, used one on my lake racer but I had a battery for the turbo. Radio shack sells them, they're about 1" square with 4 spade prongs. You only use 2 of them, I think they're marked with a + & -. hope this helps you.

if its anything like a car its dc.. when i measure current when working on a sled i always use dc and it shows up if i have power there. just really curious now

almost all the wires are run in dc on any sled or atv with a few exceptions. in my personal experience all the wires i have tested on my cdi box run in dc, if you were to run it off a head light wire you should have enough power to run g tech. the wire will be green or yellow. yellow is high and green it low. your unit will only work when you have low or high beam on depending wich wire you connect to. if you want constant power then use the solid red wire it can be found in all the wire lume on the sled look right before your high low beam switch and you will find it ther. hope this helps

Back