what is an exciter sx?

yammilover66

ok i dont mean to sound dumb but what actuially is the difference in an exciter 570, exciter 2, or an exciter sx?? i have just purchased an exciter sx for my girlfriend and i guesss other then the chassis and suspension i was wondering if it was more of a performance motor or if it was the same as all of the others. thanks.

bernie

It had the most horse of all Exciters at 93 horse. Found some info on testing different aftermarket pipes. Just google Exciter SX and you should find it.

WOW, A EXCITER SX FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND. COOL. SOME INFO.
PREFIX IS 8AY
YAMAHA ONLY MADE THIS SLED IN 1993
RATED AT 93 hp @ 7750
PROBLEY SHARES MORE THINGS IN COMON WITH A 93 VMAX 4 THAN THE EXCITER 2.
MOTORS WERE PORTED BY BENDER RACING FOR YAMAHA. HIGHER COMPRESION, LARGER TUNED EXHAUST '' Y '' PIPE, TMX- FLATSLIDE CARBS, HOTTER ING, VMAX 4 TRACK AND SUSP.
WIDE FRONT END LIKE VMAX 4, CAME WITH COLORED SKI SKINS LIKE VMAX 4.
JUST AWSOME STRIPES THAT REALLY MAKE THIS SLED ALL OF ITS OWN.
I HAVE ONE MYSELF. BOUGHT MINE FROM 94MAX (mark ) AFTER WE FOUND IT NEXT STREET OVER FROM MY HOUSE. CAN,T WAIT TO RIDE IT. POST PICTURES. AND YES I CLUTCHED MINE. lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
It was a poor mans v-max4 back in the day...I had one..Got it brand new..A BIG difference from my 88 Exciter..The porting in the cylinders were huge..Tony and I could hide extra doughnuts in them..LOL...You would get @ 105 HP out of it if you could find PSI twins for it..I put a Reichards single pipe on mine,almost a 100 ftbls of touqre out of it..The only draw back it was a VERY cold sled to ride..No windshield to speak of and the hot grips did not work good because the ignition system took all the electric..38mm flat slide carbs were trick..

Tony,

Finally picked my SX up a few weeks ago, one of the cleanest sleds I have seen. Send me your e-mail if you don't mind and I will send you some pictures. The only thing that I came across that is not stock were the ski skins. Any help with the clutch set-up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BWS

HELLO WILLIE, I JUST PUT A CLUTCH SET-UP TOGETHER FOR MINE, BUT HAVE YET TO TEST IT SO SOON AS I GET IT OUT, YOU WILL BE FIRST GUY I CONTACT. I WAS VERY LUCKY BECAUSE RONNIE (inline 4) HAD HELIX LEFT FROM HIS. I WAS WORRIED THIS WAS GONNA BE ANOTHER HARD TO FIND DEAL. SEND THE PICTURES TO ramsr1@aol.com. MINE IS VERY CLEAN ALSO, I WAS LUCKY THAT WHEN I BOUGHT MINE FROM MARK, HE HAD ORIGINAL NOS SKINS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I remember that sled at your house the day mark picked itup . i got my srx seat off him and that sled looked absolutely mint .that will make a nice addition to you collection tony. how come mark sold it

I THOUGHT YOU WERE OVER THAT DAY. THAT EXCITER WAS THE FOURTH IN MARKS COLLECTION. HE HAD JUST ALSO FOUND A MINT 77 440 EXCITER, ALONG WITH HIS TWO BENDER EXCITERS, THIS SX HAD TO GO. LUCKY ME. I WAS THERE WITH OPEN ARMS. ACUTALLY MARK AND I MADE A DEAL THAT DAY AT MY HOUSE lol 3:16 (yammie tony)

I remember back in 2001, when I purchased my 1994 Vmax-4 "new" still in the crate, that the dealer still had a 1993 Exciter SX still in the crate, when I bought mine. I remember looking at it through the holes of the crate cardboard. The dealer told me that they needed to get rid of these new sleds they had been sitting on for years and would take $3200 for for that sled on that day. I was much younger then and didn't have the money for 2 new sleds, but today I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. They also had 2, 1992 Arctic Cat Wildcat's still sitting in the crates and wanted $2000 for each...They're Cat's, they should have just buried them in the crates at that point, just kidding...what a collectors dream. Yes, the sleds are now all sold.

JUSTIN COOL STORIE. THINK HOW I FEEL. MY OLD ASS REMEMBERS GOING INTO MY DEALERS IN JANUARY OF 1980 AND WATCHING THEM PREP FOR THE SHOWROOM A BRAND NEW 1980 SRX. THAT SLED WAS JUST UNREAL. LOOKED TO GOOD TO RIDE. THE EXCITER SX WAS ONLY MADE IN 1993, COULD BE A SOUGHT AFTER SLED SOME DAY. RUMOUR HAS IT BENDER RACING DID PORTING FOR YAMAHA ON THESE MACHINES. THERE NOT A '' EXCITER '' LIKE WE KNOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I love these Exciter II SX machines. Justin that is one heck of an opportunity that you had to pass up. I just picked one up last week and i am addicted. Didnt think that would ever happen. I am hoping to have it the NSSR events. Purhaps you can give me some pointers ;)

I have made a new site just for the exciter SX. It can be found at excitersx.com I am hoping to find other SX owners out there and to try centralize a location that owners can try and locate other machines or parts specific to the SX.

Stop on by and check it out and dont be afraid to register and drop a line.

Speedy

Back