1996 Mountain Max 800 For Sale

quadzillaracer

This is my 1996 Yamaha Mountain Max 800. As the pictures show, it is exceptionally clean with only 2 real cosmetic flaws. As the side view photo(s) show, there was a crack and some paint chips on the lower recoil side panel and 1 small chip in the recoil side strut "decal". Running boards are straight with Yamaha boot pad inserts, red OEM widshield, 136" suspension has adjustable transfer rods and modifications to accept the transfer rods. Original seat is mint, track is in excellent condition, not original, aluminum skis are in excellent condition too.

The sled has 4,950 original miles, but the bottom-end has had been freshened with new OEM crank seals installed by Hauck Power Sports. engine has new Wiseco Pro-Lite 800 pistons with 1/2" boost port, .039" basegaskets, single Cometic head gasket, and Carbon Tech reed pedals. Only a few hundred miles on the top end. This sled has been sitting in my shop for 3-years with the exception of starting the engine a few times a year.

I would sell this sled for $3500.00 Let me know if there is serious interest. Located in Rapid City, South Dakota. PM or post here. I can deliver and meet buyer in SD, ND, and MN to ease transportation issues.

Justin​
paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

My 96

Quads sled is beautiful. If I only had waited!!! There's no way I can add another sled but.......

I purchased a 96 Vmax- 4 last year. It has about 1200 miles and was purchased in 2010 new. Previous owner kept it in a climate controlled garage. I keep it in a garage but not climate controlled. Previous owner had a two inch lug w/ smaller drivers so I put back to stock with a new 1" camoplast track. Went thru skid just because it was off and greased it up but everything was perfect. Added GYT shocks to skid that were re-valved by schmidt brothers, and new oem hyfax when reinstalled skid added new spedo bearing. All fluids changed and synthetic gear oil, ect added. I also cleaned carbs and put new yamaha fuel lines because previous owner added individual fuel filers on each carb w/ non yamaha fuel line. Sled is almost perfect. It does have about two very small flaws that I would find and get pictures of if anyone was interested. I paid 3K and put about $750 in just parts into. I would sell for $3,000 so I coud buy Quadzilla's sled. I would also be willing to deliver to WI, IL area. Might be able to work a delivery in Quadzilla's area. 3K is priced to sell and I will not negoitiate. If anyone is interested I will get them better pictures but here's a picture I found on my home computer.

Sorry Quad, not trying to steal your thread, and I would only sell my 96 if yours is still available....

Attachments

• 96 Left-front.jpg
    96 Left-front.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
If I didn't think it would be a costly shipping and boarder fees I would buy yours Carllaponte actually I would buy either one of these sleds if I wasn't up in central Ontario Canada

I checked out shipping I'm looking at between 500 and 800 bucks. All said and done I'm looking at $4000 to 4500 vmax4's.

Only going to go up in value. Especially with quad owning that mountain sled very well looked after. After he does own the fastest vmax4 in the world

I hear ya gitterdun, I would take any of quadzilla's sleds and yammiegod's 1995 just for name sakes lol

wondering if you still have.. we live in northern wi,, about a hour east from duluth towards ashland wi.or about two hours north of hauck performance.whats your best price and if you are ever coming down this way!! Thanks chip&mary

I built mine as a reel mountain sled need a motor or a bottom case and gear on at opposite end of primary clutch .The bolt holding gear came of and cracked case but the rest of motor is solid how mutch to build me a reliable turbo setup and motor I kick but with it and if I can want to keep on kicking but but I'm turning a 162" long by 3" by 16 wide hope to here from u soon thanks My email is ds.chevy.1977@gmail.com

Back