1998 Yamaha SRX700 Mountain Max Snowmobile

Yep, they exist. Got a buddy who has one. They're a lot more common in the western side of the continent.

Ian

I looked at Yamaha home page and did not see that model listed,It was simply a curiousosity to me.I have never seen one or heard anybody talk about them.

They were made in 1998 only & I owned one. They sold a ton of em up in canada but not many in the US. 136 SRX with a 11.5" pro-action rear skid & long travel but narrown front end. They actually worked well in deep snow & really well for 660' drag races.

they are a rare commodity up this way i,ve seen the odd one around we have lots of short tracks up here but the mountain one is not plentyfull unless they are hidding them lol Al Larson

does any body know that u can reprogram those 700 srx to 165 stock hp, i,m not sure if the factory does this hauck, or bender, u send in the ecu and the cdi box and they reprogram it.got that tip of the totally yamaha site. Al Larson

You have to run aftermarket pipes & buy a high rpm cdi box that changes the timing curve. We have a few guys running the racing circuit here but you can,t really trail ride em like that.

Yamaha build the Mountain SRX one year only and it was back in 98´. I have owned the MSRX and it is a great sled and climbs quite good. I sold it in favor for the 04´ RX Warrior LE back in 04´. Heres a pic of it and as you can see i´ve put a 2 up seat on it!

Ernie

Attachments

• 180402 Mountain SRX 700.jpg
    180402 Mountain SRX 700.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 88

Back