96 XT/GYT SKID BEARINGS? VmaxRules...you out there?

ALLSEASONRIDER

Does anyone know the bearing size of the four wheels pictured in the above skid?

According to the parts schematics (Port Yamaha) the front wheels have different part #s for both bearing and wheels vs the ones toward the rear. I didnt measure them but they look to be the same size on all four of these.

I believe they are a standard size like 6205 or whatever so I would like to source them at a reasonable cost vs Yamaha $$$.

If memory serves me correctly, Vmax4Rules has the same skid as I do so I hope you are out there.

Attachments

• XT skid pic.jpg
    XT skid pic.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Not sure of the bearing size but I did find a very cheap source for bearings. I paid about 1.50 each delivered. here is their ebay store, 10 at a time seems to be the best deal, unless you need a hundred, then price goes down. If you take one out, the number will be on the seal.

http://stores.ebay.com/usabearingsandbelts

If you look up the likes of Royal Distributing on line (they are mail order), you can buy like 10 bearings for $30. These are econo bearings if your not looking to spend much, or on a fixed budget. They usually offer these bearings in bulk if they are common sized bearings. Worth looking into. Hope this helps...Rob.

Thanks guys for the info.

I have a good local source for the bearings just don't know the size.....they have every bearing on the planet, just not a good way to cross-reference to a sled....

Thanks Rules! I figured in 23K miles you probably changed a few and would know the answer...tomorrow a trip to the bearing man!

Back