clutch groves(HELP)

death grip4

need some help. had a problem with the 94 750 clunking down by my feet. decided to check spedo bearing(replaced it last year) spins ok but is rusted on out side with some wear marks?? have it out i will replace it. pulled drive shaft thought it was bent or cogs worn?? looks ok?? tore apart chain case looks like new half shaft looks good and straight!!pillow block bearing ok!! only thing that i see that bothers me is the clutch has some grooving on the lower half i think sheave side is this a problem?? i know nothing about clutches but i had it aligned to specs before this problem. last year drove over 500 miles with no problems this year i drove 60 miles no problems then blew 2 yami belts one brand new $120.00 one . any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. thanks to all, peter( I have both of my sleds(94/95 ) apart now and waiting for parts. this is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

i have had many issues with clunking,one time i tightened the track and it went away the other time a bearing, once with a wheel in the suspention being half gone and one time it was the belt with a small wear mark in it.

what you are descibing cannot be good with the clutch, but i dont know what a stock one is like since i dont use them.

HELP HELP!!!!!

I don't think its the track, that was the first thing i played with. suspension is great no bad bearings wheels etc.I did notice when clutch engages it smells like its burning the belt. I assumed it had something to do with the clunking(resistance) thanks for input!!!!anybody else???????

Back