fire sudently stop

frantic

i was in a drive with my friend today and my v max 750 was going real good for a while but sudently i was on idle and the sled just stop and no more fire from any coil..is somebody can help me trying to find the probleme

shoot some WD-40 INTO the key slot, then switch the key on and off a bunch of times, also, push down and jerk up the kill switch about a half a dozen times..see if either of these help..if not, there`s more things to try/inspect, but I`d do the above first..

Check your wire harness. I had one get cut at the hood hinges. You could have something like that.

Al P has mice that eat wire harnesses.

the wirering harnes look good .the engine was running with is full power and as soon i stop for let him idle,after 30 sec stop sparking from both coil at the same time. i dont think both coil fail at the same time.so i suspec the stator but when i cranck it all the light come on so my stator should work.so the only think i see its the cdi unit..what do you think?

My 92' had the pickup coils go at the same time, Yamaha only sells them as part of the stator, but we put two on from two 600 engines.

Back