Front bumper 89A-77512-00-00

Alatalo

Want to buy front bumper 89A-77512-00-00. This is the black steel tube that acts as front bumper and also as hood hinge attachment and attachment for the front side panels. The one I currently have has been run into something and then straightened and repaired by one of the previous owners. It is relatively straight and usable but far from perfect because dents from the crash and repair are still visible. Because of this I want to buy a better sample. Does anybody have a front bumper in good condition (non-crashed, straight and free from dents) that they want to get rid of...?

I should have on for you in a few weeks. Don't wait if you find one for a good deal, just because I'm assuming the one on the sled I'm getting next week is in good shape. Will not know until I pull off nose cone. They are also same as the ones off the Vmax 600. I pulled one off a 95 Vmax 4 and installed on my sons 95 Vmax 600 and it fit perfectly.

Last edited:
I was thinking about ordering a new one for the Vmax 500/600 as they are still available, but I did not do it since the part numbers are different (89A vs 8AB). It looks like the 8AB does not have the pipe support (which should be cut off when installing PSI pipes anyway...). I wonder if this is the only difference...? Then, installing a brand new one off a Vmax 500/600 is not a bad idea when using pipes...?

That might be your best bet b/c of shipping costs... If shipping was not a factor I would rather get a used one and have it powder coated. It would be less money and the powder coating will stay looking new for a long time.

The 95 vmax-4 I pulled the front bar off of had Aaen's. I actually pulled it off and put it side by side to the bar off the 600 vmax and could not see a difference. I had it powder coated so I wanted to make sure I did not spend the money to powder coat a bar that was different.

Back