Hydraulic brakes?

Roo

Im pretty happy with my 92 V4, however as with all the other Yamahas I owned I was never too comfortable with a cable brake.

I have some weird OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about the cable breaking, so I often "test" the brake before I actually need to apply it.

Now, OCD's rarely are logical by nature, and I know a hydraulic failure is just as possible and likely as a cable failure, but Ive ALWAYS preferred hydraulic brakes. It may just be the security that it gives you because it takes so little effort to stop. (Not that ours are much effort either)

anyway, heres my question... Has anyone ever done an upgrade to hydraulic brakes? there must be a caliper from something out there that could be pretty easily adapted.

Ideas? thoughts? ????? any of which are welcomed by me.

Hydraulic Brake Conversion

Hey Roo:

Hopefully this link works:

http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1187&highlight=hydraulic+brake

I just did a search for hydraulic brake & there are a number of old posts for ya to chose from. This one was one of the "cleaner conversions" imho!!

Good luck & if ya do a conversion, please keep us posted. Its always cool to see what other guys are doing & you might come up with some ideas no one else has thought of yet!!

Pics of progress are always cool too!!:4fzfpi:

Hope this helps you.

Rob

Brakes Shmakes! Just put parachutes on the back like I did with mine!

Shark

Attachments

• Modified Vmax-4.jpg
    Modified Vmax-4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 155
Best Idea Yet !!!

:agree::agree:

ROFLMAO !!!

Good to see ya keep the ole Max washed & lookin good !!!!:4fzfpi:

Guys, once again thank you. I dont know why I didnt see anything about braking when I read back, I suppose I was more worried about going than stopping?

That link/thread that RacerRob posted shows a pretty simple installation, something like I had in mind. I'm going to keep my eyes open for something!

Roo

I personally prefer the cable brake. My 93 has cable and my 96 has hydraulic. They have the same pull and stopping power, but the cable can be adjusted much easier to set the pull to my liking. and it's oem, so I know there aren't going to be any problems with it cracking the chaincase or any other kind of failure.
my 2cents...

Back