i'm selling my 96 and 97 vmax4's

luckyone

well like the title says..selling my babies to buy a car so i want to give you guy's first shot. the 96 has 1600 miles on it very clean sled, never studded , track is like new . never spun the track if i could help it having worked at a yamaha dealership i knew the damage it does.70+ year old man had it before me, scared himself so he traded it in and i purchased it. also a 97 that currently has the engine out of it, previous owner drag raced it and did well with it however he leaned it down and melted down piston so engine is out but i have all new cylinders in the box and pistons for it as well as all factory gaskets, seals , gas lines, rear flap,nice psi pipes with new hardware and a decent used track(has a few studs ripped thru original track. was going to restore it but never got around to it.anyway i am selling it as a package only! so please dont ask to break it up! have a cover to go with them as well as a low red shield (presently on the 96) you can go to my profile then to my threads to find pics of the sleds for now. as i will need to move all the other toys out to get to them..will take offers..i will not post anywhere else for a little while so you guy,s can get a good chance if you want them.so please let me know soon as you can. thanks, luckyone

Last edited:

Dexter, Maine good place to be I passed thru it 3 times may and june on way to camp. The 1997 been looking for one and seem hard to find in that condition running.
Always looking for the vmax4's in Maine and never see any.
Nice sleds and good luck.

Hey, sorry to hear that you have to sell them. Seen the 96 in person and it is extremely nice! Hes a great guy and has some very nice stuff. Wish i could scrape up some cash for you lucky, I'd give them a very good home!

well here is the story..still have them.. i worked with a couple people who wanted them but it did not work out with either people in the end.. as time has gone by,i have recovered financually from the car purchase and really do not need to sell them and wont at the original price i have posted....sorry... was basically giving a real good deal and it did not happen at the time (5 months ago) but will entertain offers for either one now if anyone is interested.. thanks

Last edited:
Good to hear you still have them!! and that you got your car too :)
Ive been looking for a 79 aniversary TA, so I understand your passion......
I've pretty much decided to hold on to my selection of Vmax's too..... I've had many offers
but nothing that i was comfortable with $ wise or trade wise.... I will admitt some took me
by surprise tho, 1 member on here actually offered me $5000 for all 5 sleds... I thought for sure he was joking
and he actually got pissed when i replied with a LOL!!!
I would like to swing by some time to see your line up, most of my relatives live in the Rumford area so I visit the area frequently....
Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Marc

Thanks for the response. It looks like Carllaponte has the line on the 97? I'd rather go with the all stock 96 with a great track. Will send (try) a message off the post with contact info.

Hi Luckyone, I cant find any details of your 97 with pipes and motor ready to be put backtogether Im interested in the 97 can u send me some pics and details?
Also what price have you set if any?
Eric

Back