Lowering

jjames2042

Hell and thanks for taking the time to read this. I just bought a 92 vmax 4 im looking to run it 660' on ice any tips for lowering it?

I have not looked into it much but this is what i know about it.
Rcp twin pipes
Bender Clutch kit
Reeds look different then stock they have white pedals
Do not know if engine is stock but carbs have 142.5 jets

Hell and thanks for taking the time to read this. I just bought a 92 vmax 4 im looking to run it 660' on ice any tips for lowering it?

I have not looked into it much but this is what i know about it.
Rcp twin pipes
Bender Clutch kit
Reeds look different then stock they have white pedals
Do not know if engine is stock but carbs have 142.5 jets

Stock jets should be 140`s I believe..

the reed pedels may be stock, as the stock ones, if I remember correctly were white..

things are just starting to heat up around here, but when someone that is really into clutching see`s this, their likely going to want to know more about exactly what your clutch kit consist of? (helix? spring, setting etc)..

as far as lowering it...are you looking to go full out, as in lowering tubes for the front TSS, etc?. or just pull the straps?
is this sled also going to be your trail sled, or are you looking to turn it into an Ice racer only?

Al
Thanks for the reply. This will be only a ice/grass sled depending on performance. My last sled was a pro stock 800 rev over 100 lbs lighter so i am a little worried . Truth is i am a skidoo guy Lol sorry.. I know nothing about yamaha when it comes to clutching and suspension. However i got a great deal on this vmax and just couldnt pass it up. As for the clutching im not even sure it has a kit yet i am assuming it has a kit because it has a bender clutch sticker. I know i shouldnt judge the book by its cover but it also has a rcp sticker with rcp pipes. I been working nights so not much time to look into but will be getting into it this week. I will post what i find when i take the chain cover off and look at the clutches. As for the lowering im not sure like i said i know nothing about these. Lowering tubes? what are those ? In the past we chained down the front and limited the rear. On the rev i had some race shocks made. Can you lower these without tubes? How well does it work if so? Where do you get tubes? thanks James

Back