Prinamry clutch questions

Carllaponte

Administrator
Staff member
So I have been working w/ a few vmax 600, 750, and 800 primarys the last few days. Does anyone know why the 750 primarys use two different bolts that holds cover on? One of the bolt uses a washer and the other one does not. I thought it may just be mine but after tearing into three it appears to be like that from the factory? Also do I need to use blue lock tight when installing rollers and weights? It does not look like it was used from factory, but looks like when someone did work on them they used it? I know it wont hurt anything just curious on everyones thoughts???

carl, all of my clutches have washers on all six bolts... as for lock tite .. only used it on spider threads

Last edited:
The earlier clutches came with two different cover bolts, four with washers, two without. the two without if you look close have an alignment shoulder on them, now listen close. Thats how they aligned the covers back then. Before the little alignment tabs were on the inside on the cover. If you put the clutch on the bench at your belly, rotate it so the Yamaha in the cover casting is at 12 o clock, the two shoulder bolts go at 3 and 9 o clock.

Carl you should really find a clutch guy close to you....................

Last edited:
put red locktite on all the nuts if they go on too easy, blue loctite is for screw head bolts.

did not know this.. must have been on the750's? my 800's have washers on all bolts..
The earlier clutches came with two different cover bolts, four with washers, two without. the two without if you look close have an alignment shoulder on them, now listen close. Thats how they aligned the covers back then. Before the little alignment tabs were on the inside on the cover. If you put the clutch on the bench at your belly, rotate it so the Yamaha in the cover casting is at 12 o clock, the two shoulder bolts go at 3 and 9 o clock.

Carl you should really find a clutch guy close to you....................

Back