secondary not closing properly

Heres an update: Its back together again! I picked up my new/used primary last night, and had to put my weights (89a 10???) and spring in it.

I had no trouble getting the primary off, I stuffed it with grease like reccomended, and I understand why its referred to "popping" the clutch off.

The secondary is on B3. I took it for a short ride in the neighbourhood, but didnt get moving more than 30 mph. I'll have to try it out soon, and see where its shifting at.

Should I just pin it wide open in a field and watch the tach and watch where it stays to determine the "shift"? Like from a dead stop should it engage at XXXX rpm, then climb to 8250 and not go above that unless its approaching top speed?

thanks again guys!

Im sorry to see you guys disagree so firmly. However on the good side of things, we can see that info is priceless, just like experience and the knowledge that accompanys it.

Even further on the half full side is the fact that my sled seems to be working ok, but I still havent really tested it out yet, hopefully this weekend. I'll not stay too far from the tools I need to change my spring setting.

thanks for the help!

Reactions: Ken
For anyone who was following this thread I deleted the posts that really didn't serve any useful purpose to solving Roo's clutching problems.

When I get a chance I'll most likely start a new thread regarding 92 & 93/94 helixes.

Last edited:
Gentlemen...

my clutches are working awesome!

I see no need for changes, the tach is staying below 8400 or so, and downshifting perfectly. I was out on Lake Superior wide open on virgin powder (and some slush underneath) and it felt like I was flying.

Making wide wide (500ft radius) turns at full throttle skimming across the powder, hanging off the side of the machine and looking straight down the ski.... theres no other feeling like it.

Thanks to everybody who helped make that ride one that will live with me forever.

Now, I'll get a track so I can move some serious:flag_cana snow.

Roo

Back