stock port timings and specs wanted

mopar1rules

can anyone give me the stock port timings, measurements from clyinder deck to port roofs, stock deck height, squish clearance and stock head cc volume? a friend of mine wants me to hot rod his '92 750 v-max 4, but i want to know what the stock specs are, so when i start measuring things, that i know what was changed from stock and how much it was changed. i will be porting it for him, but i need to know stock port specs/durations/measurements from deck, to have as reference points use for coming up w/my new specs.

I'd suggest against trying to port the cylinders. The issue with the 92 is not the shape of the ports but the port timing. You just need to raise the cylinders and then cut the heads to gain back the compression.

If you have access to DynoTech articles there are some good ones on the Vmax-4.

ken, do you have any of those dynotech articles? i want to do more than just raise the cylinders. IMO, that's a poor man's port job. i just want some dimensions from the deck to port roofs of the stock '92 port mapping. anyone have those measurements of the 800 OEM port mapping too?

Going to try the clutching I had with other triples on it. I appreciate your info on the rpms on those pipes. Right now I have way too many plates on my table right now and No fricking ice to test on. And check back here by Jan 1 to see some changes. This will be a long term commitment by me as I see the future and am wiling to use the technology to embrace it

Last edited:
ken, do you have any of those dynotech articles? i want to do more than just raise the cylinders. IMO, that's a poor man's port job. i just want some dimensions from the deck to port roofs of the stock '92 port mapping. anyone have those measurements of the 800 OEM port mapping too?

I'll look and see if I can find paper copies. I had them on PDF at one time but lost them with a hard drive crash.

Here's the head volume info.

Attachments

• File0005.pdf
    172.9 KB · Views: 46
ken, thanks for the head info. if you find those other pages, please send them my way.

captjager, if you need any help w/clutching that 780 piped viper, just give a shout.

Back