whats a 94 750 running engine worth ?

fixerman519

I have a spare running 750 engine , I had a guy asking about it and I am not sure what would be a fair price ? good comp on all holes , would be selling without clutch, pipes or carbs , it has 7000 kms ( 5000 miles ) any Ideas ?

the guy thatwas looking at my spare 750 was so gracious to offer me a cool $150 , when I looked at him stunned he said " well it would be cash " an hour I will never get back !!

WTF.... Ya mean ya didnt take the great offer !!!:tease:

ROFLMAO....Wow, I thought I had the "great buyers" when I am selling stuff!!.

Hey, I'll give you $151, if you will pick up the shipping to Auburn Hills, MI! LOL!

I wouldn't sell a 300cc arctic crap lynx engine for $150!

151 yen... Seriously a Motor parted out is worth alot more than a whole one I have looked at 3 different examples and what a motor is worth parted out = 1 and whole= .6 so whole motor gets a 40% discount for buying the whole thing. Now those were 750 motors, 800cc motors I have no clue, no one is selling parts. You can buy a whole motor for 1k but not just 1 head or cylinder.

Eric

Last edited:
This thread is kinda getting hijacked, but I'll throw in my $.02. I figure a running 750 motor is gotta be worth between $500 and $700. As for "those" kind of buyers, here's a story for ya....

I'm into harleys, I know an old time biker (read covered in tattoos, grey hair down to his ass, beer belly and bad attitude and about 6'6", i'm not going to get into affiliation) that was at a swap meet selling some parts. He had a set of heads off of an old panhead (1950ish). Punk comes around and tells him they're worth $50 and he wouldn't give him a dollar more for 'em. He picks up one head, throws it down on the pavement at the guys feet, it smashes, does the same thing to the second head, then says, "ok, $50 right now a**h*le" . Sounds like an urban myth, but it happened. Now, I wouldn't do that with my 750, but after hearing that, ya kinda want to don't ya ??

Last edited:
A buddy of mine has a 95, 800 with 29,000 kms on it , on his 4th primary and 3rd secondary clutch and every fall he flogs the either to it too get it running ( FARMER ) , he lends it out to anyone who asks to borrow it ( every one beats the sh*t out of it ) and it runs amazing still and the motor has never bin apart !! I hope I have half that luck with mine !!!!!!

Currently, given the economy, less, on almost a daily basis, i would imagine!

I would disagree... in this economy more people do not have the money to buy a new sled so they have to fix up their old one, parts do not go down when the economy is like it is now if anything they would stay the same or go up in value.

On another note what would be the best way of storing motor and parts? thin coat of oil and airtight bag?

Would just putting 2 stroke down the jugs and pulling it over be enough ?? sold the carbs off it so I cant give it a good fogging ( never thought of it before removing carbs)

Back