WTB lowering tubes

jminor

Vmax-4 Senior Member
Looking for lowering tubes for my 97. I'm switching to an 8" so I should probably drop the front. Let me know.

Lowering tubes

J Minor

How much lower do you want to go? I am having a few sets machined as we speak for my drag sleds. These are 5+ inches long and leave 2" of remaining travel. The set I have are about half that size, probably from Bender. They are new, yellow zinc. Bought them from racer 7x just to show the machine shop the profile. My guess would be somwhere around 4" of remaing travel. Let me know what you need.

Skinner

Skinner I'm switching my 97 to an 8" in the rear and I'm not sure how low to go. I want to go for some top speed runs with this thing and it won't be getting much (but some) trail riding. Do you want to sell the ones from Dean when you're done? You say 4" of travel so how much did they have stock maybe 6"? A 2" drop is probably where I want to go but I'm open to suggestion.If your'e interested or you've got something else in mind, let me know. Thanks Skinner!

Last edited:
Skinner I just measured mine from top knuckle to the ski knuckle and its 4". So I'm wondering about this 4" of travel. Am I measuring wrong?

Lowering tubes

Jminor
I will measure the dimensions of all the lowering tubes including the stock ones tonight. I know my drag tubes are 2.225 inches overall lenght. The stock ones are about 1.5 inches and I think the ones I got from Dean are about 3 inches. The 5.225 leaves a balance of 2 inches of remaing travel, no good for trail riding. I believe the 3"? tubes would put you about half way between stock and the 2" dimension. I will get back at ya with accurate dimensions but I think these are the ones you need. I don't need them, I used them for dimensioning only. They are like brand new. I will get you the measurements tonight and you can get a better idea of how they will effect your suspension. If you give me an e-mail address, I can send you a digital of the front suspension with the 5.225 tubes in it. I could also send you the tubes to install, if they don't work, send em back and if they do, Ya owe me BIG. Will get back at ya:cool:

Later
Skinner

Back