1976 Merc Sno-Twister L/C

Deereboy

I am testing the water to see what is out there. I am having a hard time to find an Older SRX 440, and thought the only other machine from that time that interested me was a 1976 Mercury Sno-Twister liquid cooled.Is it possible that a 440,340,or 250 cc might be hiding away in a dark corner?Would like to find one fairly complete and as close as it can be to me.

Good luck with that search! That is another very hard to find sled that will carry a high price tag!

I am surprised with the response from Kiji in Canada and From the NewYork and Conn. area.There are three in Ontario but one priced out of my zone. 440and 340 owned by same guy that is having some personal problems and has priced them well and wants them sold out of province.Two 250's in NY area priced in mid $3000 range. 340 in conn. needs cab work,stickers, track but runs.Less that $2000. More e-mails in my inbox but these caught my eye. Is there anybody out there with the true knowledge of what these three sizes are worth to buy, and then if they are fixed up.They may never be perfect,but headturners and performers they will be.Let me know please.

I have had 250,340 mod, and 440 Merc Sno Twisters all go through my shop by a collector in UN-RESTORED condition, all of which he brought out of the States. I know they were runners when he bought them, but they all still needed help and he was in the $3500. U.S $$$ range a piece for them. They are ALL now show room resto,s as I did them. Not a stone was left unturned on them. Expect to pay big money for them!! Another sled to grab if you can find one would be a John Deere Liquidator, or a genuine 340 Cross crountry Liquifire if you are a collector. Hope this helps...Rob.

Thanks Rob. I'm not collecting,i want to vintage race on the east coast.Was trying to find a 78-79 SRX but everything was beat to death and priced high for what was there.We had Merc's in the family at one time so I thought one would fit the bill.Where are you located. I know there are Merc's still hiding after years of storage and changing hands.I just have to be patient.

Back