Bender aluminum silencer

Phil I would do $30 shipped if you are interested and it doesnt work out on ebay. Thanks

jminor said:
Phil I would do $30 shipped if you are interested and it doesnt work out on ebay. Thanks

Thanks for the offer but if it doesn't sell I'll get it fixed, put it on my 92 and sell the steel one. I really like the sound these makes. It's not annoying or obnoxious like some after market silencers I've heard. My son and I put on 160 miles last Wednsday on the 92 and the RX1. I rode the 92 all day and it didn't bother me at all. I like loud pipes but only to a point and these have a sound that kept me smiling without being bothersome. We hit some trails out west of here that were just groomed and table top flat for about 20 miles so we got to wind em up and streatch the legs on the big 4's for awhile. 2 or 4 stroke, 4 cylinders at 100+mph is a sweet sound. Wish I could have been standing off listening to them run for a second but then I wouldn't be in the saddle. Anyhow thanks again.

Phil (opsled)

PS. I added a couple of pics of the packing I use. It is spun ceramic and used to insulate fire training facilities. These are building that they start fires in to train firefighters so they know what it's like to actually be in a building full of smoke, flames and 1000+* heat but still be in a controled, safe environment. This stuff is what the building is insulated with so it doesn't burn down. They build fires with many different typs of materials and then put them out with water. This stuff will take way more heat than any 2 stroke can make without burning a piston and is not effected by moisture. It comes in 2'X8'X3"roles and is layered. It is also very dense but can be cut with a utility knife. I just cut it to the size I need and peel off a layer the thickness I want and roll up the stingers with it. Great stuff. If anybody wants some just let me know. I'll cut you what you want and send it to you if you pay the shipping. It's hard to get good pics of the stuff. It is so white it screws up the autofocus on my camera and I'm not smart enough to override it.

Attachments

• Ceramic insulation 001.jpg
    Ceramic insulation 001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 116
  • Ceramic insulation 002.jpg
    Ceramic insulation 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Ceramic insulation 003.jpg
    Ceramic insulation 003.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 111
Merk said:
How much to get this fixed, you think?

I really don't know what it would cost if you just took it in to a qualified shop and had it done. I do most of my own work and have people I know that I trade work or favors with when it comes to something that I can't do. This would be one of those cases. I would get it cut apart and setup but have someone else do the welding. Maybe someone here that owns or runs a fab/welding shop would have an idea of cost and would be willing to take a guess.

Anybody??

opsled

Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested in purchasing this from you turn-key...thats why I asked.

Let me know

opsled said:
I really don't know what it would cost if you just took it in to a qualified shop and had it done. I do most of my own work and have people I know that I trade work or favors with when it comes to something that I can't do. This would be one of those cases. I would get it cut apart and setup but have someone else do the welding. Maybe someone here that owns or runs a fab/welding shop would have an idea of cost and would be willing to take a guess.

Anybody??

opsled

Merk said:
Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested in purchasing this from you turn-key...thats why I asked.

Let me know

Sorry but if I gotta fix them myself I would keep them and sell the steel set I am using now. The only reason they are going is because I have 2 sets and 1 sled to put them on. If these didn't need work they would allready be installed.

Thanks, opsled

Them look "very" similiar to the Kerker cans off my V4. They appear to be reversed cycle cans. IE; the outlet is now the inlet and a pipe is attached to exit the chassis.

newbitmapimagepa1.png

opsled said:
Sorry but if I gotta fix them myself I would keep them and sell the steel set I am using now. The only reason they are going is because I have 2 sets and 1 sled to put them on. If these didn't need work they would allready be installed.

Thanks, opsled

Ok, how much?

Sold!!! and going to Greenland. The internet is a wonderful thing. 20 years ago if you told me I would be selling a snowmobile part to a guy in Greenland I would have said you were full of $hi++.

Thanks and Good Luck Martin,

Phil (opsled)

Back