Fast Freddy's

VMAX535

Vmax-4 Senior Member
Ok just a short post!!!

As you may or not know i bought Josh's 95 800cc. I did this as I was running my 96 880 BB in some 800 classes. Apparntly this didn't sit well with some people.

Simm's results we placed 3rd and 4 th in open and 2nd in 800CC classes.

At Fast Freddies we won open and placed second in 800 cc,

We had a grudge match after the event and the BB put 5 llenghts on the 800 and ran a personal best time of ???? @ 96 mph.

/Dan

wow way to come back and beat my old sled after we ran in new york.what changes did you make to your 96 to make such gains between the 2 days??

DAN, YOU RAN A 880 IN SOME 800 CLASSES. SHOULD OF KEPT THAT QUITE. JOSH MIGHT PUT A ASTERICK NEXT TO ALL YOUR WINS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I don't get it guys!! If you really want to test yourself and your doing this for fun, why not run the proper classes?? Amateur drags are a great way to bring new blood into our sport. How may times do you think a guy with a stock sled is going to come out and run if he gets his ass handed to him by cheaters every time he runs... You guys can be very competitve in the right classes as Dan has just proven..

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
DAN, YOU RAN A 880 IN SOME 800 CLASSES. SHOULD OF KEPT THAT QUITE. JOSH MIGHT PUT A ASTERICK NEXT TO ALL YOUR WINS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Tony LOL!! you like that one???

Changes

jminor said:
wow way to come back and beat my old sled after we ran in new york.what changes did you make to your 96 to make such gains between the 2 days??

At Canadaquai NY. the 96 was overpowering the track. We put in some more chisels and ran 244 instead of 160 or so. The sled always over rev'd with the Hauck orange, I finally got a hauck blue and ran it. The aaens are great pipes but if you run more then 9000 rpm it falls off the power curve pretty fast.

Those are the only changes.

You have to love outlaw drag racing with snowmobiles!

I remember when I lived in Wyoming and worked at the Yamaha dealership, we had a local 500' grass drag event every fall that would attract about 100-150 sleds. One of our customers had a '98 700 SRX and purchased a Hauck or Bender (can't remember) 780cc Big Bore kit, with stock pipes. The kit was shipped straight to our shop for a customer install. We spent many hours weeks before the grass drag event setting it up, as he basically bought the kit for this event. At the time this was a fast setup, he cleaned 700, 800, and 900 stock then bumped up to IS700, IS800 and cleaned the board.

Sad thing about it was that I was asked to be on the tech team for that race and did...kind of hard to tell a customer that you spent hours every night tuning and practicing on his sled, that your going to rat him out and make him run in the IS classes (Yes, he should have).

But the funny part was listening to all the Yamaha guys brag about how that sled was cleaning up on everything in stock form when it was actually a 780cc sled.

I worded that wrong, I actually let him run as a stocker. I never bored and stroked his motor, just ran a quick compression check which fell in spec. plus thats an "Outlaw" rules event. Nobody contested it plus my boss at the time "suggested" that I better drop it seeing he sponsered the sled and wrote my checks at the time.

I knew of a couple other sleds that were pulling the same BS, but the SRX was just to much.

Back