Iron River

Skinner

SUPER SPONSOR
Anybody have any info on the 660' ice drags in Iron River this coming weekend? Anyone else going?

Dave , I am home sick today, some stomach crap.

Looked for the slip last night and it was in my jeans from Saturday night, and they got washed. I pm'ed Eric to get me info and he is going to call me.

I will give you a call around 2pm today.

I'll try to get you guys some info. We're going to bring a couple sleds.

The conditions may vary because of the weather. I'm in close contact with the person that organizes the race.

The conditions are looking bad so far and wondering what kind of boat landing we have to get on the ice.

Thanks for the info, I will make the call. This cold spell should help, hopefully everything will firm back up.

Hope to see you guys on the ice this weekend

We stopped by the lake today. There's a nice long strip plowed to the ice. Relatively smooth. That should be sufficient for two good lanes. There is about 4" of snow where it isn't plowed. Some people were going to start packing it down late this afternoon. Conditions will likely change somewhat by Saturday afternoon due to the predicted warm-up. It should be a good time.

The Deep Lake drag races went off pretty well yesterday. Conditions really deteriorated quickly but it was a good time regardless. Too bad more of the members couldn't have made it.

We got a first in trail stock 800 and improved trail stock 1000. I'll try to get some video clips to our exalted webmaster if anyone's interested. This looks like the last hurrah for the year. Hopefully we can stay in touch during the off season.

Paul S.

Paul send em and I will post... BTW off subject there is word of an old school water skipping party this year... you interested?

Here are the links to 3 movies and 1 pic
Race at Deep Lake 021.avi
Race at Deep Lake 018.avi
Race at Deep Lake 023.avi

Race%20at%20Deep%20Lake%20006.jpg

Last edited:

Back