Mint '97 in Bad Axe, MI...$2500

Hmmmmmmmmm. My wife is going to Bad Axe with her sisters tomorrow. Maybe I should hook up the trailer to their car when I get home in the morning?

Shark

It is the Deman's sled. Just got off the phone w/ him. Was rescheduling my weekend---wow! Worth 7 hour ride to me. Anyway he
's pretty sure a buyer coming monday to buy. If sale falls through, he promised me I was number two on list.

If I was Deman, I would be playing "first come first serve".

If I was in a position to buy I would be knocking on his door right now.

There was a 77 SRX here in town with a spare 8HO engine. Was for sale. I held back from pursuing because a guy I know said he was going to buy it. He never did. Dragged his feet. Owner got tired of waiting and it got sold to a dealer for $500.

I will kick my ass until the day I die for holding back.

Never again. First come first serve. This guy I know cost me a dream because I didn't want to be aggressive and step on his toes. I know him but he is not a close friend. He probably would have went around me to get it if the roles were reversed. He has a rep for such things. I don't. I wish now I had a rep and a 77 SRX.

opsled

PS. Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. This is a true statement. However, without execution you will never have luck. One must act when opportunity is presented.

Last edited:
I'm sure I could of pushed Dan harder, but I guess I figure if it's meant to happen it will. One day the right 97 will end up in my garage, and I promise Phil you will get to be the second one to give it a ride!

Wonder who the lucky guy is that got this sled. Funny thing is I have been searching all of craigs list every morning for a 97 and somehow this one did not & does not show up. I have been bugging Dan because he told me he was waiting on a deposit to be made yesterday and I was #2 on list. Got a response to one of my emails that it sold last night. I was really hoping it was a tire kicker that was going to give the deposit. would have been a tough one to explain to the wife, but well worth it!

I guess it will be going to Minnesota. I am not sure if he is a member of this site. I was also hounding Dan for the sled. It sure would have been a nice addition to our collection. Hope it is going to a good home.

Wonder why Daman(Dan) didn't post it for sale here. He was a pretty active member a while back.....would have been nice to see someone from this group have the first opportunity for one of the rarest of our loved sleds.....seems strange

Back