my vx800 got beat by stock vx750

yammilover66

ok this is my question. why did my niebors vmax 750 totally smoke my 800?? his is a bone stock 94 with a silencer. mine is a 95 vmax 800 with rpc twin pipes, but it does have a m-10. im not sure if that matters or not. as far as clutching and jetting goes im not sure what i have i just bought it about a month ago and have only ridden it twice. is there any reason why it would be faster. i know there is no problem with my motor compression is great and the same all accross the engine. thanks.

I DON,T KNOW TO BE HONEST. I WILL TELL YA THAT M-10 WILL SCUFF SPEED WAY DOWN. TELL YA THE TRUTH, HE HAS A BETTER RACE SET-UP THAN YOU. YOUR A MOGUL MASHER NOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Welcome to the site! :schild27::schild27::schild27:

I agree with Tony. The M-10 isn't going to help you in a flat out drag race. There are a hundred other things that could be slowing you down, from track alignment, to sticky idler wheels, to ski stance adjusted wrong, to worn studs in the track, to a belt that's out of spec, clutch springs that are tired, carburetors out of sync, etc, etc, etc. One of these problems could slow you down a little bit, a bunch of them could slow you down a lot. If you just got the sled, you probably don't really know who has worked on it or what they've done. You could enjoy riding the best musclesled ever made until the off-season, then start going through it and see where you need to make some improvements. There's a ton of information here, from guys who have already done it, and you can download the service manual from this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions, the guys (and girl) here can help you solve any problems.:rockon::rockon:

Shark

Like Tony said that M-10 will kill you, I am speaking from experience as I have a M-10 in my sled now, took about 15 mph. Worst thing I could have done but I really don't ride mine anymore.

BWS

I have not ridden mine in a few years and have been planning on putting the stock suspension along with some nos psi quads I purchased on it, just have not had the time or money. Do not know if this is true but I have also heard that the Vmax4's with M-10 have had more drive axle shaft breakage than normal. Mine has been down for a few years with a broken drive axle shaft.

Do not know if this is true but I have also heard that the Vmax4's with M-10 have had more drive axle shaft breakage than normal. Mine has been down for a few years with a broken drive axle shaft.

I have heard and read the same thing.

thanks for your input. would anyone know where i could fine jetting and clutching specs for the pipes i have? i just wanna make sure i have everything correct. and another thing i wanted to do was put plastic skis on my vmax. i love the aluminum ones but i would hate to see them getwrecked i guess.. and when i priced a new pair out from yamaha i realised i deffinatly wouldnt wanna buy a new pair.

Back