new record

Mr. Speed

hey dan congrats on new world record again on your 600 wow 130mph that's smoking on her.with that said now quit playing around and get the big 4 up and running.

Thx guys!!! The 600 SRX has been a fun project but it will not be run again. I started parting it out today. My focus will now be on my v max 4 and I truly believe we will be able to get it deep into the 140's in 1320 ft runs. This coming weekend should be our first shake down event for the max. Let's see what it has!!!
We tested a trail ported v max 4 with bender trail pipes this past weekend.
With a rather poor clutch set up and being over geared it ran 117mph in 1320. It should run 120's this weekend when we finally get the proper clutching and gearing set into it.
Not bad for an over weight dinosaur as they call them.

Last year Dan I ran 182km/h with a old 94 750 with all stock except 800 pipe and cdi. This year I add the PSI quad for 750 and more gear but the hot day and poor ice condition I dont repeat this with. Also I instal the new slide and it' s not a good idee because he over heat. My goal are also 140 mph or 225km/h.

What distance are you running Dominic?
I have been told I will not run 140's with a naturally aspirated v max 4. It's going to be fun proving the guy wrong!!!

2000 feet for 182km/h but at 1500 feet my top speed are done. No more speed after 1500 feets because to more heat on the slide.

We are much fast in 2000 ft runs. You can either add wheels or use some spray on slider lube and friction will be no problem. I also found that our CR had to be a bit lower in 2000 ft runs or our speeds would be down as well!

Next year the organisation of Lac Etchemin speed run http://defiradarlacetchemin.com/ wish run sunday day at 2000 feet and the sathurday at 1320 feets and invite many guys from Ontario, maritime and USA. It' s a very nice place with a solid organisation. This year the fastes guys run 299km/h on realy poor condition at 4*C.

Definitely a good idea to run two distances in the same weekend. I would be more interested in running 1000 and 1320 feet though! I don't like 2000 ft runs for mod sleds, even the small displacement sleds are pushing the limits of track tech in those distances. Turbos and N2O sleds are just flirting with a disaster. JMO though.

Yes Dan I agree, but many guys run with a stock or lite mod trail sled on 2000 foots distance. It' s for this reason he run 2000 feets and it' s more spectaculaire. This year more to 300 run are launched on one day.

Back