new to the forums couple questions

brian102

hello ive always been a fan of the vmax 4s and now i finally own one of my own! they are a sweet running machine. mines a 1994 750, its great shape has upgrade suspension under the back of it, two questions i guess for now, what does everyone run as far as spark plugs, like a b9es or b8es any real difference i mean i know a little heat but one be better than the other? would the 8 maybe make it start a little easier. also i got two exhaust with it, one is a can where the two pipe go into it and one exit and whats on it is the two pipes go all the way to the exit, wich one is stock? whats better out of the two? the one on there now is sure loud but i like it:frech11:

thanks for taking your time:)

I run Br9es in my 92 750 as for the pipes the 2 into the 1 exhaust is stock you can check out the 750 parts in a pdf HERE
If anyone has the .pdf files for all the years let me know and send it so I can add it to our wealth of knowledge.

exhaust

BR9 is what mine run on. sounds like you have stingers on your sled now. I have those on my 94 750 sound awsome!!!but I dont think there is any advantage to them besides sound.the brif case looking can is stock. enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!peter

yeah i saw one at white star autction this passed time and it had the brief case looking can and it was so quiet i could talk next to it while it idled, if this thing is idling in my garage you cant hear anything but that! i like it though:)

just was checking all my spark plugs and was curious how bad woudl the sled run (if at all) if the two plug wires were switched on the two cylinders closest to the rad res. i took them all off, put them on the sides accordingly and that side didnt match up when i was putting it back together, and this thing always starts hard in the cold, im wondering if they didnt have the two mixed up? or does both of them spark at the same time beacause it comes out of the same coil? thanks

just was checking all my spark plugs and was curious how bad woudl the sled run (if at all) if the two plug wires were switched on the two cylinders closest to the rad res. i took them all off, put them on the sides accordingly and that side didnt match up when i was putting it back together, and this thing always starts hard in the cold, im wondering if they didnt have the two mixed up? or does both of them spark at the same time beacause it comes out of the same coil? thanks

They both spark at the same time.

any other tips for these things its really fluffy powder here seems like all i do is spin hah, its got the m10 suspension under it so for the year it really rides good. love the sound of it to! 87 octane? or better? its stock motor as far as i know!

just curious are these notorious or anything for having a thumb warmer go out, i have power to the warmer but no heat, i havent checked the other end yet to see if there is ground because i havent found where that goes yet, just wondering if anyone has had problems with them

my thumb warmer doesn`t work either.don`t know if its a common problem.sled is 17 years old after all.

RE: 87 Octane...I wouldnt run that !!

I would stick with 91 or better IMHO.

Hmmm..thumbwarmer?? Didnt even know mine had that??

Mine being a 94..did they have that, will have to look at that.

I know the heated grips can really boil the hands!!:4fzfpi:

I've always gotten them from the dealer. I save the old ones, just in case I need it for the throttle mechanism. Seems to me like you could peel off the old warmer and put on an aftermarket warmer, although I haven't tried it yet.

Shark

Hi-Performance and Dennis Kirk both sell replacement thumb warmers for about $35. also D.K. sells just a replacement element for $25. (pt.no. 39-1953)

I can get a couple of different styles of thumb warmers from just the element to the whole unit with the switch. Shoot a pm if interested.

Back