Stock SXR 700 question

BUBS SRX

When I winterized I added STA-BUL to fuel tank and run it till I can smell it in the exhaust then drain the tank.When I fired it up with fresh fuel it would not stay running unless it was half choked.I installed NEW plugs and tried again and have the same results.It will dump a cylinder when no choke applied and start to lose rpm until I half choke it then it will regain all cylinders and run normal.I am unable to ride it in my neighborhood so I have not been able to try to have a clean out run.I am thinking I may have some residual condensation in the carbs,What do you guys think?
Merry Christmas

Don't know the answer to your problem but curious what Sta-bil were you using? The red fuel treatment or the blue marine ethonal treatment? Maybe try some sea foam.

Hi Bubs Merry Xmas.

My first guess would be a clogged pilot or a sticky needle and seat. Also make sure fuel is getting to the carb. bad pump diaphram or fuel filter. Check for cracks in the pulse line.

Good Luck!

/Dan

Buddy of mine had the same issue this season but with a cat...... fired right up but then died out. Only difference is that his wouldnt restart after it died out (ran out of fuel) he put a new fuel pump, lines, filter, and Finally found the needle and seat sticking. He replaced that and after a few adjustments it runs great. Sooooooo long story short........ I would check the needle and seat, a new fuel filter never hurt anybody and run some good ol' premium through it.

8BU,STA-BIL the red stuff,My garage is full of crap so today I did a cleanup and got it in for a thaw.

Drew,The needle and seat is what I boiled it down to also,I'm gonna pull the rack off and clean out the carbs.

I only run premium in both sleds and it's deffinately getting fuel so I'm ruling out the pump for now.
Thanks guys for the input,I'm gone for the weekend.

Last edited:

Back