Wiseco pro-lites

Skinner

SUPER SPONSOR
I am going to put an order in for pro-lite pistons and they are no longer available. Wiseco will fire the tooling back up if I take a min of 24 pistons. Anybody here need a set? (800 bore single ring)

Thanks

wisco pistons

Skinner said:
I am going to put an order in for pro-lite pistons and they are no longer available. Wiseco will fire the tooling back up if I take a min of 24 pistons. Anybody here need a set? (800 bore single ring)

Thanks
u can count me in for 4

what is the advantage of a single ring from wiseco verses yamhas, kimpex which use 2 rings. any body got the answer

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what i was thinking 2 if they are not making any more other than ur special order i would like a spare set of rings with the set i,d like to buy. i will allso share with u that a gentlemen from fimxignition is going to build a new state of the art ignition for these vmax4s that will be better than the past so i,m going to be the ginny pig on this one it,s going to wire into existing wires, so will keep u posted, i,m goijng 2 0ne of these days down load picture of my 96 mountain max 141 m10 suspension i allso have a 94 vmax 600 and a exciter 1988 and a 85 srv. i will allso do a ignition installation step by step for those that want the same. i,ve never done this before so going to be interesting. my sled has 180 degree box with psi and stingers. this sled was only 1 of three that went over the mountain,s in revelstoke Bc at a hill climb competion in the year 1999. it has benn dynoed at 210 hp so after i finish the ignition up date it goes back to the dyno

i dident wait long enough for message so thats why i have a break in what i,m trying to say reason for my ignition rebuild is that my ignition went to the junkyard only runs on 1,2 and 3,4 no fire i do not whant to pull the engine down to put back to 90 degree, so spent all last winter on the internet looking for some one to build a ignition for 180 , so now it,s happing.

options

Brakes said:
There are other options for your 180 ignition.

Petes interface cable????????????? LOL

The Wiseco pistons are forged vs: a cast stock piston. The molecular structure of a forged piston is superior to the cast and they use a better alloy. They are lighter so the motor will rev quicker and like Brakes says, less resistance. Expansion rates are faster on the alloys so a tame break in period is a must.

Brakes has become the ignition master of Vmax4's and like he said, there are some stellar options out there if you want to mess with it

so brakes what are my options for the 180degree who will build one or has one avaliable , i was told by hauck that richards ignition is out of buisness, he mentioned that that set up worked well. yamaha no longer has the 180 available. give me a number i can contact thanx Alden

whats the cost on the pistons

cost

Pistons will be somewhere between 100.00 and 200.00 per piston depending on how many we order. The bigger the order the less they cost. Lead time is 3-5 weeks and I would need a firm commitment on orders. I have to pay 50% down with a puchase order and the balance upon reciept. I am willing to place the order but I don't want to be stuck with 20 sets of pistons

skinner i can send u a money order for 300.00 so i need ur mailing address, when u get the total number of ones to pay let me know and i will send the balance owing is it possible for a spare set of rings or will that be avalible latter if needed , this is much appreciated what u are doing thanx Alden

Still waiting on the exact piston pricing.sould know today or tommorrow.Unless you can find a bender or RPC box online you can try Simons CPR @ 262-677-0808 he used to make them for RPC. Good luck with that though,I heard he wasn't doing to much lately.Otherwise MSD ingnitions.

thanx brakes called jeff at simmons and he will build me a sdi 180 box for 600.00 us 4 to 5 weeks so if u know any body else looking for a spare box or needing one he will build it is good for over 10,000 rpm

allso give me ur mailing address and i will send money order by priority post for the pistons when u get the prise thanx

i know of the faster expansion rate and know sombody on a 600 triple polaris squeaking his piston to cylinder during fast runs in the deep snow when the sled would be working hard. his fix on that was to run a looser fit and he got ride of the problem. i don,t know what the clearance should be on the wisco allso has any body used swan tec coating on the piston,s as that,s to stop scuffing of the piston give me ur come back on that thanx al

How much for a set of 4?

I´ll take a set of stock bore 800 pistons. Skinner more details please.

Ike

Order

We will give this a few more days and then I will call in the order. Once I have a firm count on pistons I will PM you guys details. The more, the better.
Thanks guys

Typical Wiseco (forged) not case piston requires a minimum of .0045" clearance between piston and cylinder. As Skinner mentioned easy break-in time is crusial for proper break-in.

I feel Swain's Tech Coating is almost a must on any 2-stroke motor. Swain's has steped up and created new coatings such as PC-9 skirt coatings which now has a thickness of .0008". extremely thin but durable. The old coatings of skirts where the Swains Moly (black) @ .002" thick. Also don't forget to ceramic coat the piston dome and head cumbustion chamber. I put my turbo engine thru extreme heat during dyno/speed runs and often see temps of 1500-1700 degrees when most guys are burning down at 1250 degrees EGT. I give 100% credit to Swain's for the Thermal protection bearier of their product...it's worth every penny!

Coatings

We are going to try and get the pistons swains coated and ceramic domes as part of the cost of the piston. Wiseco recomended .007 for clearance on full blown race motors because these racer dudes don't like break in time. Paste it and go. You will lock the motor up at .004 due to the expansion rate if you clearance .004 without proper break in

.0045" is a minimum, with a race motor...ya .007" is right on. I am sure some of these guys buying the pistons (Pro-Lites) are looking at using them for trail riding too??? The sloppier .007" clearance on a single-ring Pro-Lite will probley shorten the life of the single-ring in a trail riding environment. Guys who choose to use these pistons on a trail sled for long riding periods would probley be better off with a double-ring??? Just throwing this out because even a certain piston design has its place... are you going to use the sled for fullout race or trail/powder ect.

Race application

quadzillaracer said:
.0045" is a minimum, with a race motor...ya .007" is right on. I am sure some of these guys buying the pistons (Pro-Lites) are looking at using them for trail riding too??? The sloppier .007" clearance on a single-ring Pro-Lite will probley shorten the life of the single-ring in a trail riding environment. Guys who choose to use these pistons on a trail sled for long riding periods would probley be better off with a double-ring??? Just throwing this out because even a certain piston design has its place... are you going to use the sled for fullout race or trail/powder ect.

Absolutly correct!!!! I would assume if you are going to spend the money on these pistons, it would be for maximum performance race applications. These are pretty spendy and not suited for a grocery getter. Wiseco told me that if you are dead serious on optimum output, these pistons should be replaced approx every 4 hours of run time. That sounds a little lean for me and great for the manufacturer but you have to remember that these are single ring full blown race pistons and were designed specifically for this application. Kinda like putting a max lift cam that makes its power at 9000 r's in a stock 350 small block for the street

Back