your best top speed

cat eater

I'm polling to see what you have done to gain top speed .I'm talking flat out across the lake top end .I have gotten mine to 119 all stock warrior .I will be going to a 24 top gear and heavy hitter weights .I'm not using all the clutch its about 1/4 inch from the top and the engine is only reving to around 9500 and shiffting at 9200 this seems very week to me .thanks for in put.

On SPEEDOMETER, not radar yet...

145 on the turbo, low boost with still alot left in it, 25t top gear, revving 10,400.

124 on my 136 RX-1, 23t top gear, team secondary, Heavy hitters, ECP kit, revving 10,300. This sled isn't setup for top speed though, I've been passed on top end on very long runs but it pulls to 115 like a mutha.

You're right about your clutching, for top end racing you should be pulling 10,500 on a long run.

I'm supposed to be buying a radar gun this week so hopefully I'll be able to get some real numbers if the deal goes through.

You will love the Heavy Hitters, I'm running them in both RX-1's. They are a great weight.

The heavy hitters are a great weight but for topend I'm going to try and build something with the stock weights. By eliminating so much weight in using the hh's (the setup recommended is 62 gr compared to 73 gr stock) you gain awesome low and mid but lose on the top (stock compared to hh setup) but you get there alot faster. You can build more top end out of the stock weight and changing everything around them IMO. I have done LIMITED testing of this to date and have setups to test but not for a long time from the look of things!

90mph on speedo with more to go on hard pack road and 85 on fresh groomed trails in UP(got squriley),I let off.The lakes scared me this year so I have not topped out the SXR700(clutched?Not sure of the secondary)It was done by the dealer per the guy I bought it from,He just said Bender setup so as of now I'm clueless to which.
Last year I had the 80 SRX up to 145kph flatout lake run(by speedo)I think its around 90mph (YGs clutch setup,stock gears and pipes)

you want the setup for stock secondary (with silver spring) and airbox, let me know. If you are not looking for bigger topend numbers, you will love this setup! MOF is right its 62gr. by my scale.

looking

What I'm looking for is lake speed I run across houghton lake would like to see more top speed flat out .my old 93 vmax 4 would keep crawling past the 120 mark it just would not stop pulling .this rx1 gets to the hundred mark and has a hard time pulling.I will be taking of the rip saw and going with a 3/4in track .but I'm not using all the clutch so I'm wondering about the weights .I have added hauck's roller secondary with 51/43 helixe .and a 24 gear is on it's way .But i need a good primary clutch set up that will use all that clutch.

Last edited:
master

master of faster

have you trail rode that ecp kit and do you have the auto drain .or do you have to drain it alot.

Yes, I've got 3000 miles on the ecp kit. I try to remember to drain the evac every 3-400 miles but I forget sometimes. I've gone over 700 miles once without draining it and it wasn't a problem at all.

I gained out of the hole and a lot through the midrange with the ECP but you won't see any better top end numbers than before. The airfilters make all their power in the midrange.

Who's turbo are you thinking about going with? I just installed a Simons CPR front mount and what a monster that is. The front mount deffinitely takes a little more work though to get the bugs worked out...

turbo

I have a cpr trail turbo.but If i do it it will be there race turbo .Ive also looked at mountain perf they have a side mount that sits where the oil tank is and you dont have to replace the fuel tank.or loose the extra gallon of fuel.

I wouldn't worry about the fuel tank too much, we've been seeing almost as good of mileage on the turbo trail riding at 10lbs boost as the ECP RX-1, turbo only takes about 1/2 gallon more at fillups, so range typically isn't a problem.

How much boost are you looking to make? The CPR trail turbo with the GT25 has no problems pulling 15 or more pounds of boost which is hella fast as it is. The only thing that gets close to me so far are other turbos and I've had no problems with some big NOS Cats and Doos. You have to be building a race only sled and doing to right motor mods to really make use of his race turbo.

ok

ok your talking me into it.are you venting of the waistgate to get 15 .I ran the vmax 4 at 13 to 15 pounds .the problem i ran into was the more i vented the worse the lag of the line was.as you know i was getting my ass stomped with so much lag of the line.I was hoping to run 9 to 10 on the trails and more when racing was not sure if the smaller turbo would do .that 350 hp plus with that big one sounds damn good.they are only claiming around 280 with that small turbo I would like to hit the 150 mph on the lake or faster .just a thing i would like to do .I've hit 140 on a bike years ago and would like to go just a bit more on the sled.I dont like having anyone come from behind and pass me .fore 5 seasons know one had with the v4 .first season with the warrior a f7 stayed with me and got around two sleds in front of me .this is all wrong !!!!! just caint have any cats hangin.

I use a switch mounted in the tank cover to vent the wastegate. Its T'd in with the wastegate line and has a pilot jet in it to limit the amount of adjustment from the switch. Right now its set to run 10lbs on the trail and 13lbs on high boost. You can adjust the boost by changing the jet which is very easy, or adjusting the wastegate rod.

If you simply want to run 10 lbs on the trail and max boost out on the lake, all you have to do is shorten the wastegate arm about 9 turns (from the postition where Simons sends them out) and then pull the jet out of the T in the wastegate line allowing it to completely vent when the switch is open, it'll get real nasty then. This is on the setup that Simons sends out, its pretty simple.

There's some debate as to what the max boost is of the GT25, somewhere around 16-18 lbs. Upper 200's for HP, but they DO NOT lag. Thats the beautiful thing about a front mount, mine is geared up and I struggle to keep it from flipping over off the line.

It'll run to 150's on the speedo pretty easy, 130's on radar, but it takes a whole lot to go 150 on the gun, more than just a bigger turbo.

I know

I know getting the hp to the track .I've tore the sled apart I will be checking for any and all friction .yammy gods race prep manuel ,will shed some weight where i can .But i would like to keep the sled body stock as i can .like i said before not trying to get there in any distance .long lake runs just fore fun .talk to ya later .time to go home

Back