2000 SXR 700

BUBS SRX

Issue=She fires up on half choke once it warms up w/choke flipped off it stumbles at idle and pto cyclinder seems to lose fire,Half Choke it she regains fire on all lungs.
It will drive and once rolling no choke is needed and seems to sound like its running correct,With that said I went to the lake and could not get it past 85 mph barley out ran my 440 srx (8 inches fresh snow loose dry not packed).
I figured it needed to just blow out some of last seasons old fuel (less than 1 gal)pored in 5 gal fresh 96 octane and it still does the same thing when stopped and idling.Plugs all read slightly rich and compression was even across the board(115 psi warm/3pulls wot)and all 3 plugs new and gaped @ .028.
I didnt want to pull the carb rack but it sounds like im going to be,Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA BUBS

Yup it was mystery stuff in the carb's,They were clean so I still removed all the jets and carb cleaned all the circuits!I found nor did I see any foul gunk that would be the culprit.So it's running sweet now,Hammer time!

first time playing with the flat slides,Real simple in/out.Take out air box remove all the wire/cable holders, unplug coils and tors removed cdi from the side and airbox is out then the fuel and antifreeze lines and choke and throttle cables and poof on the bench.

Back