92 vamx 4 seat

new maxer

I need to replace my seat due to sun damage. All the pictures of 92's I've seen show stiching side to side where your butt sits. The one thats on mine is smooth, is this off something else? It has the Yamaha logo on it and fits perfect. Any ideas?

If memory serves me right the 92 was the only vmax4 to come with the stitching across the seat so you might have a seat from a different year vmax-4

The seat on my '93 has ribs that are embossed side to side on the area where you sit. Not stitching, but not smooth, either. My brother's Vmax600 has a seat that looks a lot like mine, but it's smooth all the way from the front to the back. I'm not familiar with the 800 seats, maybe they are smoother than the seats on the 750's?

Shark

Try and find a seat off the 1996 Vmaxes, the foam is softer and it's like adding travel to your rear skid.

rules...you talking about the 96 vmax4? and/or the 500/600`s?

for future refferences...will the 95/96 vmax 5/600 seats fit a vmax4?

Shark..asumming my 95 had the stock seat on it when i got it..which I`m almost positive it did...it looked just like your`s from what I remember from seeing your sled..mine had/has stitching going across from left to right (as if setting on it)

rules...you talking about the 96 vmax4? and/or the 500/600`s?

for future refferences...will the 95/96 vmax 5/600 seats fit a vmax4?

I am talking about all the 96' Vmaxes and yes the 95/96 Vmax500/600 seats will work.
Also I have both 96' style seats and IMHO I feel that the 500/600 seats are a tad softer.

Hows this for a delayed "thanks for replying"..lol, but yeah, that`s for the info rules..

just to add..I need to correct an earlier post of mine in this thread..i wrote that my 95, which came with the stock seat i was sure of, and still am...infact, does NOT have stitching accross the seat, but rather what shark said..it`s just kinda lines made into the seat that go across it..no actuall stitching...

thanks for the info again gys..

AL P

Back