I Need New Skis

VictoryIsMine

Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a VMAX 750 today. I think I got a good deal for only $850. The only issue is that it needs new skis. The guy ran it on asphalt, and the skis are completely torn up now. When I look the part up online I'm seeing prices like $500. Please tell me this isn't true.

Thanks in advance for your help.

First of all CONGRATS on your Vmax-4.:party:
I am not sure that the skis are still available new. You could get some aftermarket ones till some come up for sale. There are none on ebay right now, but you could put a wanted ad in our classifieds to find out if any of our members have some to sell.

Welcome to the site! :schild27::schild27::schild27:

You'll be disappointed to learn that the stock skis are around $500 APIECE now if you want brand new. I guess it depends on how important it is to you to keep it stock. Occasionally they come up for sale on ebay, and there are a few people parting out Vmax-4's on ebay now.

Shark

Holly Filth!!
You`d be better off to look for a complete vmax4..keep the ski`s off it, part the rest out, and make money..LOL

And I thought I was paranoid about damaging a ski before..

ouch!

I definitely don't have to have stock skis. What else will fit my sled? I see a lot for sale for VMAX 600's, but I have no clue if they will fit. Any recommendations?

Holly Filth!!
You`d be better off to look for a complete vmax4..keep the ski`s off it, part the rest out, and make money..LOL

And I thought I was paranoid about damaging a ski before..

ouch!

You see a lot of Vmax-4's being parted out, but you rarely see the skis being sold. I think they are still available new because they are still listed on some of the Yamaha parts lookups, like this one: http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaSnow.asp?Type=13&A=106&B=24

This could also be outdated information.

I have a totally ruined ski out in the trailer. Crushed like an eggshell due to an altercation with a tree on an icy night. I can't bring myself to throw it out because I know how much they cost. For $500, I'm sure I could straighten it out to usable condition if I was in a pinch.

Shark

Welcome and I would stay away from the 500/600 ski's, they are steel and the Vmax-4 came with aluminum from the factory.

My brother-in-law found me a set today for only 30 bucks at a local flea market of all places. They are steel, but for 30 dollars I couldn't pass it up. Thanks everyone for your help.:4fzfpi:

I have a set in pretty decent shape, still with the plastic bottoms I'll part with for $300, have pics avail

Back